"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had my T904 for awhile now (US config) and I want to put in an 3G/4G/LTE card. I was looking at the stock EM7305 card but was wondering how well it works world wide? I saw Sierra Wireless calls the 7305 their "European " card (7355 is North American). they also makes a EM7345 that is their "world wide" card. I saw some posts in this thread detailing some of the difficulties of the getting the cards working after updating drivers (bottom line: don't mess with it if it's not broke).

Anyways, I am going to traveling a lot this year (mostly in the middle east) and I'd like to know which one is the best to go with (7355, 7305 OR 7345). Anyone put a WAN card that was not an OEM offering from Fujitsu? Suggestions? I need maximum potential to be compatibility with world wide carriers so I can switch just the SIM.

Link to Sierra PDF: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=D9UB_fW_mVtRDMFM812Hhg&bvm=bv.83339334,d.aWw

2. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

I've seen the horror stories in this thread regarding the Sierra Wireless drivers however I've never had any problem updating the drivers or firmware of my EM7305 card. You just have to be patient because the upgrade takes a while to complete.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

4. forcemac

If I only can get Lenovo drivers, I am not sure I want to monkey with that in another non-Lenovo device. I have never owned a laptop with WAN before, but I am not sure I want to chance it not be compatible with the middleware required to establish a connection.

5. forcemac

In reference to that PDF from Sierra....how do I know which LTE bands is 1800mhz? I see there are multiple LTE "bands numbers" associated with various frequencies in the 1800 range. For example, I want to know if a 7355 (north American card) will work in Kuwait (uses 1800mhz LTE, but can't tell which "band number" it is).
    Band Numbers (I assume these cross reference to the same numbers in the Sierra PDF, previous linked)

http://www.radio-electronics.com/in...ong-term-evolution/lte-frequency-spectrum.php

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

7. forcemac

I think i may stick with a stock card...if i can get one from fujitsu. There is any thread with steong suspicions that fujitsu whitelists certian cards in the bios. I dont feel like trying my luck with a nonstock nonfujistu sold wan card. Yay for higher prices!

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like fujitsu Canada are being like Lenovo. "Physical damage" is not covered under warranty. My claim is that the hinge is a DESIGN flaw. I notied a crack on the hinge. Never dropped the computer. It's a business model so it should hold up to normal usage. I can't comprehend why it is so flimsy? It's supposed to be firm and secure. Other people in the forum have had this problem. Somehow one person was able to get it repaired (but I'm not sure if it was under warranty). If they don't fix this machine, I will never go Fujitsu again. It's back to HP, but no more tablets. ATMEL is the worst company ever. The only good news is that they will repair it in Canada. Fujitsu will not over any warranty extension. That tells a lot about it's confidence in their own machines doesn't it?

9. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

in4mer that's unfortunate you've having issues with the warranty. Hopefully they will fix it for you regardless, given it wasn't your fault.

I just wanted to check in with my experience with returns in the U.S. I just got my laptop back yesterday and everything is working fine! No more smudge in the center, and it hasn't locked up yet. Seems to be fixed. It took a few weeks, but largely because of the holidays (short-staffed). I'm happy!

10. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly I have the same problem. The crack has expanded greatly over the 10 month usage. Since tuesday I am waiting for the repair. tmp_11620-20150120_140101_resized_1-1096973035.jpg