"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I haven't tried, but it was my understanding that hdmi cannot push 4k @ 60 hz generally.

2. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

That's correct you need HDMI 2.0 in order for official 4K 60hz support and I suspect that the HDMI port on the T904 and all other haswell based computers only supports HDMI 1.4 or 1.4a but I haven't been able to find a data sheet to confirm this.

3. kirbyofthestars

kirbyofthestars Pen Pal - Newbie

@c-le-prof Just got off the phone with Fujitsu's technical support. The lady I talked to was great; nothing to complain about. When I told her about the display glitching out, she told me that it was due to a problem with the wire that connects to the LCD -- something like that. Will send my machine off to them next week. It seems as if they've identified the cause of the problem by now, whereas when you sent your machine off during the summer they might not have (you mentioned that you weren't sure if they had replaced the screen or the whole lid). Can't say anything about the smudge, but I hope this helps.

4. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Kirby, thanks. That's good to know that they can fix it now. Yes I thought that it might have been some wire in there with the rotation of the screen and all. Sounds good, yeah hopefully it will come back no longer exhibiting the problem. I may send mine back in at some point, then.

I admit the screen glitch doesn't happen too often and so it isn't bothersome. My eyes keep seeing that super faint smudge, though. Am I being nit-picky? And, does yours have any kind of darker area in the center that you've noticed? It's more visible against a solid-color, lighter background. I really suspect that the indented logo on the opposite side is the cause, because of its shape and location.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think they only replaced the screen. The outside of the lid had this little scratch on it before I sent it in and it's still there.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  5. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I have done a lot of multi monitor configs with my t904 and posted in this thread about that. I have NOT tried 4K.

But there is an excellent and very technical review on Youtube of a SurfacePro3 that in the middle pursues this very idea of 4K at 30Hz vs 60Hz using various cables and docks. The chipset on the surfacepro 3 is similar or the same and the reviewer talks about current generation haswell not being ready for 4K 60hz.

I think you are bumping up against a use case that will be very difficult to find better information than in this Youtube review.

So, Basically no. Do not expect the t904 to drive 4k at 60hz at a quality level that is satisfying even with workarounds.

6. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

7. SetTainte

SetTainte Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sorry if someone feels my question inappropriate but is there any follower coming to T904 soon?
    Or some other similar machine with Bradwell chipset?
    Feels a little stupid to consider purchasing this machine now when it's already one year old...

edit: In case Surface Pro 3 would have 4G/LTE+GPS I'd go for that for the extra portability.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Not that has been announced, and, by this time last year, the T904 had already been announced.

9. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the info, Precurve! Your earlier post was what made me hopeful it might be able to. Oh well...

10. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, the fact that there have been no new announcements suggests that this may be a two-year update cycle again. Last year the T904 was featured at the Fujitsu Forum in November, but nothing except the Q555 to play with this year.