"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. kirbyofthestars

kirbyofthestars Pen Pal - Newbie

Have been having this EXACT same issue for a while now and it has made me tremendously upset whenever it occurs. What was your experience like dealing with them, and how long did it take them to send it back? Did you contact them via phone or via their support website, and how long/difficult was it to receive a response? Did you have to pay shipping costs to send it to them? and so on.

2. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

So the whole process took about 3 weeks. I live in California, in the U.S. I called them on the phone and explained the issues, and I think I also emailed or wrote out a description but I can't find it. They gave me a... what are those called? ... packing/shipping slip with Fedex and I sent it off on July 16. They sent me an automated email sometime after they received it giving me a service email address to contact with questions, which I used to check in with them later. They aim for a 7 business day turn-around before shipping it back to you, but it took a little longer. Think they got mine around the 21 of July and I had it back August 7. They ship fast, like next-day shipping.

They replaced the screen and for awhile I didn't notice any smudge, but now I do again. I'm super OCD, though, and it's not really a huge deal. However, my laptop still glitches out from time to time when I adjust or flip the screen. That last picture I took just the other morning. I wonder if there is a wire that's getting pinched in there or something, or what it could be.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they were very quick to respond to my questions and to get everything moving from the beginning.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. kirbyofthestars

@c-le-prof
    Good to hear that they were accommodating. Do you think it's even worth it to send it in at all, though, if it's still glitching for you sometimes? Everyone I've seen has said that Fujitsu hinges were really sturdy and reliable, if that's what it is. Mine's a little wobbly, but since I haven't seen another T904 in real life I don't know what I'd compare it to.

I haven't seen the issue ever since I did away with auto-rotation completely (uninstalled Fujitsu System Manager + Fujitsu Display Manager -- there's also a BIOS option that corresponds to sensors, which I disabled for good measure) and set up hotkeys to do it manually, which isn't a huge sacrifice to me. This is just me being speculative, however, and it might happen to me again by chance.
    I've also tried to be lot more careful whenever I move the screen. Whenever I'm adjusting the angle, I hold the screen with both hands. Ideally, when rotating the screen, you are supposed to do it when the screen is completely vertical (at a 90 degree angle with the base), holding the screen as low as possible on both sides. I believe doing it this way puts the least amount of stress on the hinge.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The display should rotate fine at any angle with one hand applying pressure anywhere on the display. If interacting with the device as intended causes it to malfunction, you should have it repaired or exchanged.

5. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree, tablet devices are made to handle this type of use for years.

Some of my tablet PC's are over 5 years old and the display still rotates the like when they were new.

If you have any issues make sure that you have it sorted right away.

6. kirbyofthestars

What I said in my previous post isn't something that I just made up. It's the procedures specified in the User Manual (pages 25-29), which per the warranty slip is normal operation of the device. You're not actually meant to rotate it with only one hand; this claim wasn't made anywhere.
    http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/www/content/pdf/SupportGuides/T904-UG_B5FK-2451-01ENZ0_en-us.pdf

Now, I don't know that anybody should be this picky. And I don't know if it even has anything to do with how I'm rotating it. I'm just being speculative; all I know is that it's happening and it's driving me crazy. I want to get it fixed, but it worries me that c-le-prof is experiencing the same problem and their T904 wasn't fixed after they had it sent in. What I was thinking of doing is sending it in, and if it still isn't fixed afterwards, that would warrant asking for a replacement unit.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  7. Unlogic

Seems like I'm also going t have to call the Fujitsu repair center. The left side of my touchpad has started making a clicking/rattling as soon as I touch it. It's almost as if the left side has come loose internally. However it still function properly but noise is very annoying and it messes up the tactile feedback when clicking.

8. Unlogic

By the way there is a new BIOS version available, 1.14FJJ:

Solved problems:

- Fix capsule update error.
    - Improve usage of UEFI variables.
    - After repeating the lid to be opened and closed, the display power is turned off even if the lid is opened.

9. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I shouldn't give you the information you request because it's readily available online. ONE QUICK SEARCH on google, T904 specs will give you the answer to your question, which is yes, it will handle 4K through displayport and HDMI.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=TIfx37QNAvgMdO1qacPbBw&bvm=bv.80642063,d.ZGU

10. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I guess I appreciate the response, even if you are only quoting off of a data sheet. I guess should clarify why I asked owners in the first place: does the T904 support 60+ Hz at 4K? Can it actually smoothly push the pixels, or does it stutter?