"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Deviatorz

Deviatorz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, but apparently that's a demo special =(((, I'm looking for new and shipping Canada wide as I live in vancouver

2. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed this?

Visible against lighter backgrounds, like the white empty space of a web page or a grey or light-colored wallpaper, is a dark, circular pattern. It's faint, and kind of looks like a smudge or a shadow. It's right in the middle of the screen, directly behind the logo on the other side. It's shape of 2 circles makes me think it's from the indentation of the logo on the outer shell.

It's not easily noticeable, and not noticeable at all against a busier image... but it does bug me. Anybody notice this, too? I'm wondering if it could be an effect of that logo somehow or if the unit I have is a one off.

EDIT: I've uploaded a picture. I was trying to capture it when the low battery warning came on the screen and helped it stand out against the green band. You can see it just to the left of the mouse pointer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Damn you! This better not be something I cant un-see =)

It took a lot of effort, and I cleaned my screen with microfiber cloth to be sure, but I definitely see about half a circle worth of an arc.

4. c-le-prof

Ha! Sorry.... yeah I actually thought I might point out something people hadn't noticed before. And like I said, it's not super noticeable... I didn't notice it for a while. And your description is better than mine; it's more of a half circle arc.

Here's another pic where's it's pretty clear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  5. c-le-prof

And so... something else now...

And I don't mean to be crapping on the computer - I really love it! I love the sharp screen and resolution, it's fast, the digitizer works great, it's light... it's just a perfect laptop, except for this barely-noticeable screen smudge, as well as...

So this one has happened to me a few times before. Oddly, it only happens when I'm physically moving the screen, either to adjust the angle or to twist it around onto itself to morph into tablet mode. I took this pic just a little while ago after I moved the laptop lid to get a better angle and the screen bugged out on me. When this happens it requires a hard reset.

Attached Files:

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Whoa, that's terrible. Get your unit replaced or fixed under warranty. Touching the display is not supposed to crash your device.

7. c-le-prof

I actually did send it back. I mentioned the smudge as well as this screen glitch, and they replaced the screen and sent it back. I don't know if it was just the display, or the whole lid. I didn't notice the smudge for a while until recently. It didn't fix the crashing issue, either.

I'm wondering if I should request a whole new unit. Kind of considering a return and going with a thinkpad yoga... but those have some awful reports of screen ghosting. I think either laptop should be a perfect choice, but they both seem to have screen issues...

EDIT: This is also why I'm asking if any of you can notice the smudge, to get an idea of how likely a new unit would have the same issue(s).

8. c-le-prof

Heh... I know, right?

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I have had an early pre-configured i7 unit for about six months and I've tried looking for any smudges on the display now. Under full backlight brightness in a dim room holding the display just right I can see two "pencil eraser smudges" when viewing a solid white or solid green image, one horizontal a little down and right of center, and another near the top left corner. Both are incredibly hard to see under any condition. It's actually a lot easier to see the digitizer wires than the lightness smudges.

I'm disappointed that I've paid for a premium device and only got "kinda-premium" quality. The main problem is that all the current alternatives are worse. Here's hoping Qualcomm's digitizer technology would improve the market.

10. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone tell me an external monitor's maximum resolution, either with or without the dock? I am wondering if a 4K monitor will work e.g. through the display port.