"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not noticing a difference. I just tested it for a few minutes and I don't see any reason it would change, unless I held it such that I blocked the vent underneath or the like.

Pen recognition is firmly in the "light use" category with no noticeable impact when I tried Art Rage, the free One Note in the Windows Shop, or the OS pen when I had Win 7 installed.

ykvishal likes this.
  2. demalion

Thanks Precurve!

I actually found that tool in a Google search while hoping to find verification that one of the Wacom software utilities would work, but the date of last release and the 64-bit and Win 8 comments from the author scared me off.

That info about usage under Win 8.1 is very helpful.

EDIT: BTW, the service name on mine seems to be "Wacom ISD Service", but that's not in the supported list for the app, so it looks like it will take me a while to get it where I want.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Update:

I showed the notebook to my girlfriend who is not into tech that much.

And even she noticed the fan noise immediately. We compared it to her 600€ quad core (!) notebook which was completely silent in comparison.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

4. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

not sure if it helps, but check the downloads for Fujitsu. I only saw one update for the T904 Fujitsu Software Download Manager

5. ebfrancis

ebfrancis Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems to me that people are observing noisy fan.....its ridiculous...Aren't these laptops thoroughly tested before being mass-produced? it seems to me so simple....Fujitsu is a big company and the T904 is a pricey machine....

Aren't these guys doing thorough testing?

6. demalion

By the way, I was getting downloads from support.ts.fujitsu.com, since support.fujitsupc.com didn't have the T904 listed when I was installing them.

Now they do, here: Fujitsu America - Support , and I'm going to be checking there to see if there are better drivers that I should be using instead.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

For those that have examined the motherboard, does it appear the 3G or 4G LTE card is user installable? the US configes have no ETA for a 3G/4G availability. I'd like to know if i could install it later or if it is indeed a different motherboard or antenna lead package...

8. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I've had my T904 since Monday, and have been very impressed so far.

I am not experiencing fan noise "problems," which means it does not bother me. I did notice it can be rather loud when it spins up, but that does not happen often for me in normal use. I can also attest that the fan spun up more for me when I first got the machine. On day 2, I installed a new SSD in the T904 and immediately did a clean install (from the recovery discs included with the machine) of Windows 8.1 (the machine was preloaded with Windows 7). It seems to me, with Windows 8.1, that the fan does not spin up as often, and is therefore less annoying. This is an anecdotal observation only, as my memory may not be great... I just recall noting the loud fan on day 1, but it has not bothered me since the SSD and Windows 8.1.

The machine is incredibly light and thin.

Windows 8;1 takes some getting used to, and does not scale well to a screen of this resolution. I've found myself abandoning Chrome, which looks horrible at full resolution, and going to Windows IE instead. I do hope Chrome gets its act together for high-res windows machines...

I'll post a short pictorial for the hard drive swap (which was very easy) in a few moments.

Unlogic and stoneseeker like this.
  9. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

My SSD install process:

Power down and remove the battery.

Remove the following 12 screws total. Note that there are 3 different screw types/sizes, which are color coded on this image.

BTM Screws fixed (2).jpg

Top edge screws (2).jpg

Then, the back cover needs to be pried off and away from the computer. This part seemed tricky. The side edges flexed easily, but the front and back edges did not want to "let go," and it often felt like I might break the back plate if I pulled too much in the wrong spot. Things finally worked for me when I took a VERY small flathead screwdriver (with a thin edge) and inserted it in the spot indicated in the photo below. Once behind the bottom panel, I pried (gently) up and the bottom panel popped off.

Pry Case Here (2).jpg

The rest was easy. Pull out the stock hard disc, and throw in the SSD. Reassemble the computer using the reverse of the above. The bottom panel was very easy to re-attach (no feeling of flex or bending or possibly breaking).

Stock:

Inside stock (2).jpg

Hard Drive Stock (2).jpg

(limit of 5 attachments in one post, so continued on next post....)

Typic, dv8nathan, Mesosphere and 6 others like this.
  10. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

And, finally, the inside with the SSD installed:

SSD Drive (2).jpg