"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Nice =)

2. sunshiro

sunshiro Pen Pal - Newbie

HELP! My T904 doesn't boot up. Screen completely blank. Num-lock LED flashing

I updated the firmware to v.1.13 and now I can't boot the machine. Here's what happened:
    1. After updating in Windows, the updater said the update was completed and I could either continue my work or shut down the machine.
    2. I shut down the machine and switched it on again.
    3. I booted up into Windows very quickly. No message from BIOS appeared before Windows was loaded .
    4. I wasn't sure whether the update had taken place or not, so I restarted the machine again (Click "Restart" in Windows).
    5. When the machine was restarted, the screen was blank (no logo, nothing). The Num-lock LED kept blinking (twice per second). The only thing I could do was to long-press the power switch to shut down the machine.

I tried switching it off and back on many times, removing the battery, removing the CMOS battery and connecting it back on, the same symptom persists.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks a lot.

3. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

Definitely sounds like i BIOS issue. Most modern motherboards have recovery procedures that enable you to recover from a bad BIOS flash. The question is if Fujitsu will give you the instructions or not. Otherwise you'll have to send it in for a warranty repair.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Contact Fujitsu, they will probably require you to bring in the device for repair. There is a recovery option accessible through some keyboard combination. It is a quick and straightforward process, but it requires the correct EFI recovery files which aren't available online, so unless Fujitsu gives them to you there's probably no way to perform the recovery yourself.

5. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I followed your and stoneseekers guide. Hope it helped.

But it seems i should reinstall the whole system in the near future: a few days ago suddenly the display driver wasn't working anymore (no brightness controll). Reinstalling this driver was possible and now it's working again.

6. toebonian

toebonian Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same issue. If you can connect to a monitor, it will work fine. From there, restore your computer to just before the newest windows update. It fixed mine.

7. Deviatorz

Deviatorz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I was wondering what the cheapest price for this tablet would be? I am guess its the $1500 price tag? http://www.shopfujitsu.com/store/lifebook-t904-tablet-pc

Is the only difference between the other one is the faster CPU? Is it worth the extra $700?
    I've always had a fujitsu tablet but I decided to give the Dell XPS 12 a shot. While I did like it, there are too many little issues with it that I am just fed up (trackpad being the biggest problem). Plus I really miss being able to write on my computer. Hence, I will be selling that and looking to buy another tablet. Does anyone know if there will be a deal closer to Xmas or Black friday? When will be the best time to buy it? Since its almost close to a year now....

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I think the cpu upgrade is not worth it. In most cases thermal throttling will kick in negating most of the advantages of the higher max clock rate. Even the i5 has to throttle when pushed. The i7 may have small advantages for very short bursts, but in most cases I don't see the point of the i7 unless you need the features (vPro?).

9. sunshiro

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I've sent the device to the Fujitsu Service Centre in Bangkok. They don't know how to fix this and are currently contacting Fujitsu HQ in Japan for further instruction. They told me that I should avoid upgrading the BIOS by myself.

10. sunshiro

Thanks a lot for your advice. I tried connecting the device to a monitor (both via the HDMI port and the DVI port in the port replicator). Nothing showed up. No Fujitsu logo, just blank screen. The Num-Lock LED keeps blinking indefinitely.