"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. Exo-L

Exo-L Pen Pal - Newbie

I currently use the power saver plan so that I can optimize use in school. I'll try that, thanks!

I installed BIOS1.13 as soon as I started having the fan noise issue but it didn't seem to help. However, since I turned on my laptop today for class until now, I have not experienced the noise.

Ah, I checked it and it says I'm at 6%, but I'll check again when the fan noise comes back. I don't think it's something I installed though. Since the laptop is brand new (received it Saturday, didn't unpack it until Sunday), I only installed the essentials for school like Microsoft Office.

But thank you so much for your response and help, hacky! :)

3. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Does your fan go crazy when your computer is idle? I noticed that microsoft defender was scanning during computer idling time, causing the fan to go crazy. I am using bit defender which is supposed to be better than microsoft's built in virus scanner according to several articles online. I don't have that fan problem anymore.

4. hacky

hacky Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who are planning further SSD upgrades (I recently moved from a Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB to a Samsung 850 PRO 1TB):

In my case the Samsung Data Migration tool coming with the drive was not able to clone the disk used so far to the new SSD. The error message was something like "error -00001" or so - saying nothing....

Then I tried to restore a system image backup that was created with Microsoft Windows 8.1 built-in utility but the system tools were not able to restore this to the new disk as well. In earlier scenarios I was able to use Acronis True Image for the restore process but it is not able to handle the new vhdx file formats used by Windows 8.1 any more. The clone feature of Acronis True Image 2015 is not avialable in the test version and I was not willing to purchase an update without knowing if it will succeed.

Then I tried "AOMEI Backupper" (the free standard edition). The disk clone feature of this tool failed to clone the disk as well but at least gave a more meaningfull error message (something like overlapping partition tables which I could not really understand...). But I was able to clone each partition one by one to the new disk. If you do this, you will end up with a cloned disk containing the same data and same partition layout but which is not bootable.

At that point I bootet the T904 with a recovery USB stick that I created before with the Windows built-in functions. In the trouble shooting screen you find a function to repair startup configurations. This function took quite a long time for analysis and repair but when it finished, everything was fine. The system was able to boot now from the new disk. Finally I assigned the correct drive letters to the partitions and everything looked and behaved as before (but even faster).

5. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

I had this recurring problem (spastic cursor) on my Sony Pro 11. I discovered that it is a driver conflict between the on-board trackpad and external USB mouse. Disabling the on-board trackpad when using the external mouse solved the problem.

Ron

6. Exo-L

Exo-L Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes! That has happened before, just once though. My laptop hasn't been going crazy as much since switching to the EcoSettings power option. Microsoft Defender = Windows Defender right? I didn't know I had it until searching it. I know my cousin helped me uninstall McAfee and install Microsoft Security Essentials though.

Also, I tried doing a quick google search, but I can't seem to find a solution for the text size on the t904. When I use the balanced size setting, it's a bit hard for me to see, but when I use the 'Easier to See' size option, everything becomes way too big. Do you (or anyone else) know how to adjust this?

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

• Text size: Control Panel > Display > Change the size of all items. I like 175%.
      • I also use SharpKeys to remap the Application/Menu key (the key between right Alt and Ctrl) to Windows key, so it's easy to press [Win]+[plus] and [Win]+[minus] and zoom in and out. Incidentally I use it to remap the tablet volume keys to PageUp and PageDown for easy page flipping.
    • Anti-Virus: I like Windows Defender because it stays out of the way and doesn't tax system resources much.
    • Cursor issue: Pointing Device Utility is responsible for disabling the touchpad in tablet mode. It takes a couple of seconds for it to load on boot.

8. fs161200

fs161200 Pen Pal - Newbie

New on fujitsu support downloads:
    Sierra Wireless EM7305 WWAN Driver + Firmware Updater Build4099_fw05.05.26.00 21.10.2014, there is one for the 8805 aswell. Files are huge, 300 M+
    Downloading it now - will update with any relevant info in pack on what it does/add...

Unlogic likes this.
  9. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok i got an annoying problem: My wacom settings are reseted automaticly... at least once a week the setting for the radial menu is deleted and the button of the pen is used again as a right click.

Is there a way to get the old settings back? I don't want to modify all the buttons of the radial menu every time i want to use it....

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Sounds like a driver problem. Make sure the Fujitsu Wacom drivers are uninstalled and that the Windows pen preferences are removed before installing the 7.2.0-10 drivers from Wacom's website.