"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

This I what I have been trying to do but no one is giving any feedback

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/t904-information-and-wiki.62835/

2. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. in4mer

4. SetTainte

SetTainte Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear users,

I'm having a problem weather to upgrade my old Lenovo X220t now or not... I have used ThinkPads for the last 10 years and been really satisfied!
    I definitely need a new laptop in January, so that is the deadline.

Since the T904 got rid of fan problem there are only two tings that bother me:
    - battery life
    - weight of the machine
    (- display is only 260 NITs instead of the promised 350 NIT)

In case T904 would run that 8 hours that is promised it would definitely be enough. But as I have understood the real running time is 4-6 hours. After all the battery is only 45 Wh and no possibility for a bigger battery.
    Is there a remarkable difference in between the i5 and i7 models?

The second concern is the weight 1,6 kg. It is light for a laptop but heavy for tablet use.
    Compare to Surface Pro 3 that would be my alternative in case it had 4G...

Since Intel launched 5th generation Broadwells and 14 nm architecture we will get lower power consumption.
    Is there anything better coming up soon (so far i have not heard) that would be worth waiting or should I go for T904 now?
    Helix 2 would be an option but 11,6" is too small. After my current 12,5" the 13,3" sounds just great.

I appreciate any opinions here or in PM.

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Weight and brightness can't be improved, battery life can be extended with spare batteries, if that's a viable solution for you. The i5 is about 5% slower than the i7. Fujitsu US and Canada don't have T904 LTE models for sale, I bought mine from Fujitsu Germany and found out the warranty isn't really international, I would have to send the machine to Germany to get it serviced.

Right now there's the Dell Lattitude 13 7000 which should deliver 8 hours easily with the keyboard attached. HP Envy x2 Core M should too, but it has an Atmel digitizer so if you plan on using the pen a lot, it's not suitable. For web-surfing, Surface Pro 3 i5 delivers 8.5 hours, and the T904 i7 delivers 6.85 hours. There's the upcoming the Acer Aspire R13, but it'll deliver "up to 8 hours" of battery life, which means about six hours of normal use.

6. in4mer

Has anyone been experiencing audio drivers issues? I've experienced this several times. After a clean install, the audio drivers will go haywire. The speakers will have either:
    -lots of static sound coming from the speakers
    -not work at all when testing sound

I've just about had it. The only thing that seemed to work in the past was reinstalling the drivers a few times, but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Does anyone have a solution?

7. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

I had that issue when I first installed Windows 8.1 but I managed to solve it rather quickly. Can't remember exactly what I did to fix it. The driver I'm using now is version 6.0.1.7059

8. qstone

qstone Pen Pal - Newbie

9. in4mer

It appears that updating the latest drivers from the realtek website solved my problem.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Almost a reasonable price now. I wonder how long until Fujitsu will jump into the core M pool.