"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I got this computer because I thought the service would be comparable to HP but from the sounds of it, it is quite a hassle. If your fan is grinding, then it sounds like something is wrong and should be covered under warranty. I don't think it's fair that you need to repair the fan on your own. Unless you can "upgrade" to a better fan.

The factory fan "problem" was that it was on high when the temperature was only at 40 degrees. After the BIOS update, the fan speed was low and gradually got higher when you started hitting 60 degrees or more. The most recent BIOS update 1.10, allows you to further change the setting to "silent" mode so that it will only start turning on at a higher degree. When I tested it, it did not turn on around 50 degrees. So basically it was set to a higher temperature.

I may have misunderstood your problem but if you are saying it's a gridning problem, then that would probably need to be replaced asap.

Good luck and keep us posted.

2. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Fujitsu has been super helpful and they will fix it under warranty without any objection! They already wrote up a service order after one short phone call. But I don't want to send off my computer to Memphis for repair. I would be without it for some number of days and I'm under deadline right now. I will not send all my data off under any circumstance so I will have to remove or wipe the hard drive before sending it. If I have to crack open the case again, I'd rather just fix the fan myself.

What Fujitsu won't do is send me the part. And, because I didn't buy the on-site warranty at the time of purchase, there is no mechanism for me to get an on-site call. That was my choice and I'm not complaining about it. I totally understood the risk I took of not buying the on-site warranty.

I'm bummed that the fan on my new computer went bad. But Fujitsu has been responsive, pleasant, easy to reach. They have a clear path for me to get this resolved with little to no financial cost but I may try to fix this myself because of my own idiosyncrasies even if it voids the warranty . My guess is there are more than a few people on the list that are wired the same.

I'll definitely keep you all posted

P

stoneseeker likes this.
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yep, if my fan breaks I'll take the same route (now that it has been revealed). I'll take a 50$ self quick fix over an RMA every time.

Precurve likes this.
  4. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I know what you mean. It will be faster and easier for you to fix it. HP did send user serviceable parts to me but i guess the fan isn't.

5. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding whether an SSD can be encrypted when BItlocker thinks it wasn't.

Problem Solved. Drive indeed was not encrypted. Did a factory reset of the SSD using the PSID Revert tool (see Secure Erasing 840 Evo E-Drive - can it be done? - AnandTech Forums
    One important thing I found. When doing a clean install and reloading Fujitsu drivers, if you want to use the SSD's Self Encryption, DON'T install Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. When I did that, it wouldn't let me turn on BitLocker without using software encryption.

Precurve likes this.
  6. paja

paja Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you be so kind to give more information about the procedure for the driver update? Do we need just to run ISD_DualTouch_720-10.exe to install the feel driver? Do you have 81 calibration points after update or it is still has 4 points?

In the driver installation info it say: “If you are upgrading from a previous Wacom driver version, uninstall that driver first for best results”. If I look what is preinstalled on T904 I can find only “Control Panel\Pen Tablet Properties”. The software is 7.1.12-13 version. I cannot find where/how is this installed on T904. In the “Programs and Features” a do not see anything related to Wacom, also if I go to “Device Manger” I see only the Wacom mentioned under “Human Interface Devices/Wacom Device”, but this is 3.0.2.0 version of Wacom driver.

In some other thread people reported (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asu...ers-v720-9-7-18-asus-vovotab-driver-page.html) that the driver update also updated the firmware on their PC, and that the Wacom pen stop working or that a hovering distance is greatly reduced. Did anybody install the latest Wacom Feel driver version on T904 (Windows 8.1) Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas?

As I have a one button “Bamboo Stylus Feel” pen it would be great if one could use the button to pop-up the radial menu with lasso and drawing tools of OneNote assigned to it instead of a right-mouse click menu.

7. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

I deinstalled the previous wacom and touchscreen drivers and installed the newer ones via using the "wacomhardwarecheck.exe". But since my touchscreen isn't always working after reboot something is wrong with my driver configuration...
    And i'm still having only 4 calibration points..

I'm having the same pen and would love to have a config for this too. The radial menu from the modern ui onenote version woud also be nice....

Is there a way to save the wacom radial menu config? I noticed that mine has reset itself to standard. Also with every driver update it is deleted....

If you want to start tablet input without using the icon in the taskbar use C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\tabtip.exe in the radial menu (only for Win8)

8. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm new to SSDs and have read that hibernation shortens their life (if you do it often) because of all of the writes. I would be doing it several times a day as I work out of a few offices. I need my drive encrypted so don't want to use Sleep either (because I don't want to leave my computer in a state where the drive is hackable). So I enjoy that I can close the lid and it powers down quickly.
    QUESTION: Is there a setting in Windows 8.1 where opening the lid starts a cold boot? Other computers seem to have this in the BIOS, but I didn't see anything on the T904. (OK, I'm lazy and find the power button a bit awkward, so thought I'd at least ask...)

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Assuming hibernation writes 8GB to disk, and a very conservative 200TB writes lifespan, you would need 25,000 hibernation cycles to make the drive inoperable, enough to last for years. Keep a full backup with System Image Backup and when worst comes to worst buy a new SSD and replace the old one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

My old tm2 and its intel 510 had in 3years about 1500h of usage. Without taking care of writes, i used 1.5TB of the from Intel guarantied 20TB. The smart data says that 96% of the livetime are still available. You'll probably change the notebook before all the writes are used...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015