"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

LTE has been available in europe since the model was launched launch so it can't be a technical issue.

2. qstone

qstone Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly! I don't know why it's not available in the US. It's all that's keeping me from buying it.

3. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a little warning:
    I've updated drivers from the intel website. Install "Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility" version 17.0.5 and you may get a few blue screens of death. First was "Page fault in non paged area” with the second try i got "memory leak". Both times i needed to use restore points to get a boot without further blue screens.

If you want to use the newest grafic drivers without stopping the install at "your system isn't validated" Desktop graphics drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1* will help you (using is your own risk....). With me it worked fine...

Unlogic likes this.
  4. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Did this improve anything? More stable connections between networks? Better connection consistency coming out of sleep?

I have minor wifi problems from time to time but nothing that would induce me to take a big risk on a dicey update.

Thanks for the post.

5. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly i always got a blue screen before finishing the install. After rebooting i got them again. The only solution was to reset the system to a point before the attempted driver install.

6. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same experience when I tired to install an updated graphics driver from Windows Update. Had to revert to a previous restore point...

7. stevenbridge

stevenbridge Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally I have figured out the solution to this. All you need to do is stop fjproxmon.exe (in C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Utils). Renaming it is ok. Hope that I have helped those experiencing the same problem.

8. drquantum

drquantum Pen Pal - Newbie

I am very pleased in general with my T904, which I got last week. One thing that seems to happen not infrequently, though, that I cannot figure out is this - when I have the machine attached to the Port replicator, and then take it off, the display goes black as it switches modes I suppose, and I cannot seem to get it back. The only rescue that I can discern is a hard reset. It isn't all the time, but frequent enough that it's a pain.

Any ideas? (Either as to what is going on, or what I can do besides hard reset the thing when the display doesn't come back on after disconnecting it from the port replicator)?

Thanks,

Todd

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

have you tried disabling Fujitsu display manager? Apparently it's the cause of much screen-related woes when Windows is able to handle the screen quite fine on its own...

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the EXACT same problem as you, just didn't get around to posting it.

I don't have fujitsu display manager.

The only thing to fix it for me is to disconnect the port replicator, close the lid, open the lid, and voila.

It is annoying so I am hoping some sort of firmware update will fix it?