"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I don't =) I can't think of another OS I'd prefer it to be running.

stoneseeker and hacky like this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Although I think Windows sure could use a lot of work, the only thing that could be worse for the T904 is if it were running OSX! :)

3. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

i just wanted to post this for anyone coming to this thread wanting help with drivers. This is from the guys that posted in page 58-60.

go to this link : Technical Support pages from Fujitsu Continental Europe, Middle East, Africa & India then install and run it. This installs a much nicer app to get all the drivers installed. Im trying it now so ill edit this post to let you know how it goes. It seems 1.08 is the current bios edition but only 1.07 is available on the US support pages (for help with the fan noise)

also you can try here to get a more complete list of individual drivers :
    Technical Support pages from Fujitsu Continental Europe, Middle East, Africa & India

for a basic list of essential drivers see ATIVQ's post on bottom of page 60.

hope this helps :)

PS Credit is all to the guys who posted earlier. Also someone knowledgeable should start a wiki for t904!

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

[​IMG]

stoneseeker likes this.
  5. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, Id have to say windows 8.1 is pretty nice on this. once you get the drivers working things seem efficient and smooth. The only downside vs mac is having to worry about virus' and malware. But I think windows works so well with touch and digitizers and mac's a no-go on that

6. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I have to agree. Win 8.1 has been incredibly stable since I shook out the original t904 glitchware. This is the most stable computer I have ever owned. Tweak the ui to fit your styles of work and the t904 comes very close close to the ideal.
    I find my OSx i7 mac to be frustrating to work with.

7. CompTech

CompTech Pen Pal - Newbie

Another weight data point. This one is an i7, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB Opal SED SSD, and no 3G/4G card. On a calibrated scale (without the pen), it weighs 1595 g = 3.52 lbs. I was hoping that the weight would be closer to the 3.3 lbs they advertise, but the T904 being so compact makes it seem a lot lighter than the 3.7 lb notebook it is replacing.

This came with the 1.08 BIOS. The tips on this thread for controlling fan noise have really been helpful - thank you! Using Balanced, 100% Maximum, and Passive cooling seems to work the best for me. The fan still runs some, but there is practically no high-pitched whine. I hadn't picked up from the thread about using Passive cooling (= throttling) instead of Active cooling (= increase the fan speed). It will still go up to the maximum 3.2 GHz for short periods.

8. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, any recommendations on a shell-case that might work with this. Do you guys find that the case scratches alot?

in4mer likes this.
  9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

The bottom of mine is already loaded up with scratches. I got the first one in the first couple minutes I owned it while installing the SSD. Personally I'm fine with those scratches though I rarely look under there.

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

yeah the cover of the T902 seems to attract scratches as well. It's not a big deal to me, --function over form-- but it would be nice to see Fujitsu use a more robust covering spray on their premium computers.

Mesosphere likes this.