"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Speedfan doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope.. I asked him on 10th day and he refused to accept it... But Fujitsu treating it as DOA so I am safe.. however I won't recommend heinzsoft-shop.de - Computer, Notebooks, Tablets, Apple, Server & Software to anyone...

ile likes this.
  3. SF6

He can't refuse. It's the law. If you are a private customer you have the right to return it during the 2 week period after you have received the notebook.

4. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

If you set it to "passive" which result do you get in Cinebench by the way? Just to see the impact of throttling

5. SF6

I get 238 in Cinebench R15 which is only slightly above i5 4200U (due to clock rate at 2,3GHz after a few seconds).
    "Passive" doesn't change that (now 230) because I reinstalled Windows and this setting doesn't seem to have an effect on clock speed anymore. It doesn't have an impact on fan noise either. It's noisy, no matter what I do :(

Weird. I don't know what to do. It's a great machine. But only up to the point I do something with it lol

6. SF6

This fan is really driving me nuts. Just like the T902 before that. By now I think they both have the same engineering issue i.e. bad design. It's not the sound of the air moving that bothers me ( the Yoga for instance, you can hear the air moving). It's the actual motor that has a very weird sound to it. Much like a chainsaw. A high pitched sound. Especially when it's changing rpm this becomes noticeable and it easily surpasses the noise of the air moving.

It's even audible while writing this text in battery mode. CPU temperature is at around 35°C (!) but I can stil hear the fan. But if I get very close I notice there is very little air coming through the vents. So rpm is very low. But still the fan makes a very unpleasant sound.
    And if I dare to open OneNote (just open it!) the fan revs up immediately. But still... temperature is at 45°C max. when I open up OneNote.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    ykvishal likes this.
  7. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

This is the exact problem I have with my T902. So it seems that T902 design flaw is carried over to T904.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Have you guys gotten friends opinions on the noise level to see how universal your tolerance is? just curious if others in your lives feel the fans are too loud, or if you guys are more sensitive than the average PC user?

9. grant.vander.burg

grant.vander.burg Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

Thank you to all those early adopters who have posted their experience with the T904. I, like many of you, have been following this tablet PC since it was announced in October at the Fujitsu Forum. It is so sad to see this nearly perfect piece of engineering (like many of you as well, this is the only PC that meets all my criteria) suffers from a few fatal flaws. So basically this leads into my questions.

1. I can't remember which poster, but it was mentioned that when connected to HDMI the display would turn-off/disconnect. Has anyone else had this issue? This sounds like it should be easily resolved by going into battery settings and making sure that display turning off is set to "never" when on battery or power. Or if someone else has a more elegant solution, please let me know.

2. The infamous fan noise. Basically from what I've been reading, this is the main issue. And after seeing the last post about it being quite high pitched, this is disconcerting. Because, let's say hypothetically the CPU issue was fixed and the fan turned on only when the CPU was heavily taxed, it would still be quite annoying (say during lecture when it is relatively quiet). My question is: Do you guys think the fan can be fixed entirely (i.e. so it is not on all the time, as the case seems now. And so when it does turn on, it does not make such a loud noise).

Also in relation to the fan noise, how many "modes" does it have? For example, my current laptop, HP HDX-16, basically has three fan speeds when it comes down to it: 1. Silent/relatively quiet, 2. Moderately loud (when at 45-85% CPU) 3. Anything above 85%, or closer to 100% CPU for longer than a few seconds will turn the fan on to full speed, and it is louder. From what everyone has been saying and the two Youtube videos, I've only heard one volume (which was quite loud).

For the too long, didn't read folks: Can the fan issue be resolved entirely???

Thanks in advance for your input!

10. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

Gee, now I'm wondering if I should just get the cintiq companion? how does that compare for someone who will use it for drawing. I know the resolution isn't as high, and it's only a 3rd generation processor. is the fan loud on that one too?