"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Come on Fujitsu. Fix this wifi signal issue.

2. Flazsen

Flazsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, I applied the BIOS update and the difference of the fan behavior is like day and night: now the machine is dead silent 90% of the time - the fan is either completely turned off or goes at such a low speed that is almost inaudable. Only under high load the fan ramps up as before, still with the annoying high pitch, but when there is no load anymore, it goes back to silent immediately. The CPU temp averages about 10°C higher now - usually between 45 and 50°C - but still it's never more than hand warm on the surface. Overall a huge improvement; the fan speed now seems to depend on the temperature (as it should be) and not anymore on the CPU frequency as before. In fact, I am quite happy now: the high pitch which annoyed me so much now only occurs rarely (before, it was sometimes already triggered by simple web browsing or video playback) and if it does it does not stay long. I guess I can live with this. Good work Fujitsu.

3. fs161200

fs161200 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.

Tried the 1.08 BIOS upgrade. Run through fine to the end. On reboot i enterd BIOS ....said v1.04. I exited w/o saving - on reboot fan spins up then nothing except num lock flashes. Tried removing battery, holding power button for over 30 sec - starting on adapter/battery only - no luck.

No periferals/sim all clean.

Anyone know what the num lock (off 1s short blink repeat) flash means?

4. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The device needs to reboot two times for the BIOS upgrade. I suspect you interrupted it by entering the BIOS on the first reboot. Either way you should send it to Fujitsu for repair under warranty.

6. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

BIOS upgraded here....definitely more quiet now...

ile likes this.
  7. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed that BIOS update disabled my fingerprint reader and web cam, had to enable them in BIOS again. Thought it could be worth mentioning this in case anyone else runs into this issue.

8. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

Forgive me if the answer's obvious, but where is this BIOS update available? I've navigated the Fujitsu website a little bit and couldn't find it. I'm in the United States if it makes a difference. Is there some kind of Fujitsu update tool I should run?

Thanks to any help.

9. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

10. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

I decided to purchase the t904 given the positive feedback on the fan noise bios update.

Any precedence for how much the $2k i5 variant will depreciate in the next 12-months?
    I've never owned a Fujitsu and am unfamiliar with how well they (do or do not) retain their value.

I tried a 'sold listings' search on eBay, but unfortunately, a used t904 has never been offered for sale there (disconserting).
    Extrapolating from the t902 is too much of a stretch as this model is pushing two years old.

Last edited: May 12, 2014