"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

There only seemed to be one AFAICS. And the DIMM was marked as 8GB, so that's all accounted for.

ykvishal likes this.
  2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a new problem.

Tried to connect my 30" via HDMI and yep, it works! Full 2560x1600 @ 60Hz.
    No problem.

Well, none at all? Uhm, there is one. After a few minutes the display goes blank and the notebook "loses" its connection. The only way to get it to work again is by unplugging the HDMI cable. Happaned to me a couple of times now. Don't know the root cause for this as it seems to happen randomly.

Tried with an old 17" LCD with 1024x768 via HDMI to DVI adapter. And same thing happened there as well :( Oh boy.

Dunno what to do now. Call Fujitsu? Would that even help? Or just return the notebook and get a full refund?
    Or maybe someone of you has a solution ;)

3. JoKeRoNe

JoKeRoNe Pen Pal - Newbie

demalion, could you make a sound check video aswell ?
    I know it wouldn't be the greatest comparison, but we could get an idea.

4. tenfooterpipi

tenfooterpipi Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps the system the goes on stand by and screen shuts out as long with the video card. Happens on T901, you put on stand by, and you lose the connection through whatever, you connected. Check your display properties and see when your system is going on stand by, as well as your screen auto-shut off feature to save power. If you disabled them, it might help with the problem. Beyond that...I'm afraid there is not much I know, other folks might be able to help you.

Oh man...I was really looking forward to get the T904. I'll wait till there is review, I skipped on t902 and I dodge a bullet with its multiple of problem and hardware defects.

Let's hope the story t904 doesn't repeat again...so far the my t901 kick all sorts of major butt, but its aging fast, and I would like something slimmer.

5. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

If the problem is that the Fan spins much faster than needed, as you mention, we should contact Fujitsu so that they are aware of it so that it can be fixed via BIOS Update or similar.

I mean: that should be possible to be solved, if the machine were at 90 degrees then we would have serious problems, but that's not the case obviously

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. SF6

Called Fujitsu and they said that I should go to my local Fujitsu service center and have it repaired.
    Then I asked, well what if it was just a BIOS problem? Nope, it's defective and you can get fixed there (at the local service point).

Isn't that great? For some reason I think if I leave the notebook there to get fixed I will get a notebook back with even more issues :( I don't think any service point has ever seen the T904...
    Oh man, and return it to the dealer? Takes forever. Man, I need the notebook for work! Right now! Paid 2000€ and they tell me "yep, it's defective?" And "no, of course the machine has been thoroughly tested before it went on sale."

8. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

It is very interesting that you , me and Tekn0 bought our laptops from same vendor heinzsoft-shop.de - Computer, Notebooks, Tablets, Apple, Server & Software - Index

and we all have same fan noise issue !!!! this is a very strange issue... Today my vendor said that he won't accept return.. !!!!!!!!!!!

9. coyote75

coyote75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks demalion for your response. I'm a little bit surprised since i was expecting at least 17cm of height - the normal dimension in a 13.3inch model. I'm also surpised taking into account that since the overall high (with the frame) is 23.5cm, it is very uncomfortable in the landscape mode.

10. SF6

Well but this was a brand new machine, factory sealed as well. Manufacturered end of February. So it's newer than new. Came right from Japan I think. So I guess it's just bad luck.

If you are already over the 2 weeks return deadline you are out of luck. In that case you need to keep calling for a repair and if all that doesn't help you might be able to revoke your contract.