"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. hacky

hacky Pen Pal - Newbie

Of course sound is disappoiting. I think this is a tribute to the Ultrabook form factor. Same for super flat TVs that also need external sound bars etc. in order to produce adequate sound.

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I wonder how upgradeable they are. They are certainly easily accessible with the back plate popped off. Maybe add a subwoofer =P

3. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

4. hacky

hacky Pen Pal - Newbie

There is one snap in slot.

I saw that the U904 is specified by Fuitsu for up to 10GB because 2GB are installed fixed on board and you can snap in another 8GB,

If that were true for the T904, the module installed in the 8GB models should be a 6GB module - I have not seen such a module so far. So I am afraid, what CompuRAM claims, is not true for the T904.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Precurve likes this.
  5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It looks like 16GB SO-DIMM's may be on their way, but they may not end up being compatible with current generation Intel processors.

AnandTech | I'M Intelligent Memory to release 16GB Unregistered DDR3 Modules

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Precurve likes this.
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I doubt it would perform as well as dual channel equivalent either. Still, that would be pretty sweet. Does that mean T902 could get 32?? haha overkill.

7. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

According to the Intel specification the Core i7-4600U supports a maximum of 16GB RAM.

However I think that this only applies when all memory channels on the CPU are used. Since we only have one SO-DIMM slot in the T904 I think we're limited to 8GB due to the fact that we can only use one of the two memory channels.

ARK | Intel® Core™ i7-4600U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)

8. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

First review is online (in german):

www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Fujitsu-Lifebook-T904-Convertible.114513.0.html

Some of the results:

- speakers are crap
    - great colors and contrast, outclassing most IPS Panels even if the lather are precisely calibrated. Just the viewing angles are not IPS like. Brightness rather 250 cd, not 350.
    - Fan noise not a problem in normal usage, stays very cool
    - i7 mostly around 2,3 GHz, in combination with the very fast SSD: very good performance, considering ULV CPUs.
    - around 7 hours of battery life while surfing the web
    - good built quality

Pretty positive in my opinion. No major drawbacks. Screen seems to be excellent as long as you're not looking from the side or in very bright environments.

What do the owners here think about maximum brightness? I guess, it's no problem in indoor usage, isn't it? In the review, it is mentioned that it's no reason for complaining.

[Sent from my HTC One]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    ATIVQ and fuji like this.
  9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I have never done any animation but if the Vaio Duo 13 is suitable for animation then the T904 must be too. You can compare the T904 to the Duo 13, the T904 is about 5% slower, must be because of the insane thermal throttling. The Wacom digitizer suffers from all the regular Wacom issues, edge drift and pointy curves, but that's a given with Wacom... some driver versions work well and give smooth curves and some versions give pointy curves. Using a soft nib on the glass feels much nicer than hard nibs. Maybe I'll switch back to hard nibs once I install a screen protector.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    ykvishal likes this.
  10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Not usable in full sunlight outdoors because of the glare, but other than e-ink devices I don't know what is. Usable in the shade without glare. Very bright indoors.

ile likes this.