"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Try passive with limiting CPU performance to 98%, which should result in 2.0 GHz. If it's quite silent then, you don't lose to much performance and we all don't need to buy a crappy TPY, at least for me, that would be ok. ;)

2. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

where do you change the settings to passive? I have a T900 now, and I was wondering if I can change it.

3. Takk_For_Maten

Takk_For_Maten Pen Pal - Newbie

Haven't seen a lot of new reviews on this, but found this a few minutes ago:

Fujitsu T904 Overview and Digitizer Test. (Video) « Ultrabook News and the Ultrabook Database

Especially nice to see a short digitizer review as this is what a lot of us at this forum look for. Been stalking this forum since november trying to find the perfect machine for me, and looks like the T904 will make the cut ;) Now only if I can find a place to buy it in Norway.

Does anyone know if a battery with better capacity will be available at a later time? Wouldn't care if it was larger (sizewise), it will only be used for those 10+ hour sessions I sometimes have away from places to charge my laptop like excursions or really long plane trips :)

4. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm sorry, this is just a work-around which to me doesn't fix the problem. I didn't pay a premium price for an i7 4600U then limit it to 2,0GHz. In this case I would have gotten the i5 4200U.

I'm about to install Windows 8.1 from scratch. It could well be a problem with Fujitsu power saving features interfering with Windows' own power plan.

5. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

if you are a linux user then you could also try to boot T904 with live USB and check the peformance

else

you could also unintsall "Fujitsu Power Saving Utility"

and then check

6. SF6

This is soooo annoying. Fan sounds like a hair dryer, but temperatures show only 40°C (!!!). Why, just why Fujitsu? It doesn't matter if it's 60°C, 70°C, 40°C... doesn't affact noise levels at all.
    Only when the CPU is at 0% usage for a while the fan turns off.

I'm installing Fujitsu drivers with DeskUpdate right now (without power saving features...).

7. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, here's a freshly uncovered T904, and, a big surprise to me considering what I had been hearing: the RAM is replaceable. Yes, I did pop it out myself, and those metal spots are standard DIMM retainers you push out to free it.

FTS_T904_uncovered.jpg

FYI: Opened by removing 6 screws on the outside edge underneath, 4 screws in the area of the hinge point (2 underneath, 2 on the rear edge), 2 (out of 4) under the battery. It was pretty stiffly attached even after all the screws were out and the under-cover had to be shifted around to actually come off...took me like half an hour what with minimizing force used and trying to make sure I wasn't breaking things, and, while I'm not sure, I think pushing from the rear toward the front with it helped most with freeing it up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Unlogic, Mesosphere, Precurve and 3 others like this.
  8. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

How many dimms are there? I guess only one????

9. fuji

fuji Pen Pal - Newbie

So, now we want to know if it's possible to change it to 16 GB.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  10. SF6