"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JoKeRoNe

JoKeRoNe Pen Pal - Newbie

I think fujitsu doesnt give a **** about the fan, otherwise their would be a fix for the t902 or the t904 would have been the "fix".
    its a disgrace for fujitsu to release a product with such a flaw. im no engenieer, but no way that their wouldnt have been a way to build the machine a quieter way.
    by the way, i hope you guys understand me. my english isnt the best ^^

---------

oh and while i have wirtten this post the fan was perfectly silent in contrast to my last post where it ran like hell doing exactly the same...even the temperature in the room is the same xD

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Of course I called Fujitsu. They told me that the unit was "defective" and that I should send it in (which of course I didn't because returning it and getting a full refund seemed to be the faster and better solution).

I didn't just complain. I gave them all the info about temperatures, at which temperature the fan started to kick in with a comparison to my older notebooks. I even gave them the link to the youtube videos I made. Furhtermore I told them that fan speed was linkes to frquency (which is why it stays silent when you simply write text in Word but if you dare to open up a program and frequency rises to 2 GHz and more it get noisy very quickly!).

After I received their answer I got the feeling that my complaint simply vanished somewhere in the hotline and that nobody would ever care to fix the problem.

SP2 is so much better in this regard. The fan stays off 90% of the time I use it. It only spins up when I ***really*** do something with it. Like running Cinebench R15 or doing a full virus scan.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. YakaDaka

YakaDaka Pen Pal - Newbie

It's pretty funny that Microsoft, a software company at its core, is really the only company which built a great windows 8 tablet with a digitizer with the only negative being the screen size. I hope that they make a larger screen version soon along with maybe a hybrid.

4. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

I think they actually do care about it. In my case, they were very confident that they will solve issue in 5 days or Money back guaranty. Thats pretty cool. If you bought your T904/T902 recently then immediately contact Fujitsu Service center. If they agreed to treat your unit as a DOA then they take care of everything ie Pick-up-->repair-->Return.

In my case, I just filled up online form about my problem then after few interactions/suggestions via email they treated my T902 as a DOA. Now In 5 days I received my T902 back in perfect condition.... Earlier I was very skeptical about Fujitsu but I am very happy. :)

stoneseeker likes this.
  5. orbitosan

orbitosan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey SF6 is there two buttons on the pen that comes with it? i need to know so I may pick up a pen before mine gets here, thanks.

6. JoKeRoNe

lets hope they fix it. keep us updated about that.
    i think im going to call them tomorow and see what they are willing to do. if they say it can be fixed, why shouldnt i give it a try.

7. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

It has only one button.....

8. JoKeRoNe

OK, I just called Fujitsu.
    They said there should be a bios update at end of march to optimize the fan control.
    Lets pray this is true!! :thumbsup:

9. orbitosan

orbitosan Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahh that sucks one button... anyone knows a good replacement pen by wacom to get?

Also found two apps that are nice as radial menu

This one is called Circle dock, it pretty much is exactly like Wacom radial BUT for folders... sigh, with it was key strokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6qSy4xS52g

Circle Dock - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

This one is said to be hotkeys, was unable to use it (might be cause of my laptop win7.. maybe)

called Autohotkey

AutoHotkey

Has anyone tried these before and able to get the top one to be hotkeys? when my SP2 gets here i'll try the last one.

And nice a update for the fan, still should have been tested in a library before they shipped ; )

dv8nathan likes this.
  10. Mason89

Mason89 Pen Pal - Newbie

@JoKeRoNe
    That sounds pretty good. Please tell us promptly if there will be any news.

@orbitosan
    I can advise the old Lenovo 2XXT styluses. But I don't know, whether the eraser works well.
    Another very interesting programm - especially for Tablet PC's- is rainmeter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pde4EMG5JXU