"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. blabla52

blabla52 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey!

Can somebody post some more details of the fan noise problem please? Sadly fan noise is a big problem for me, because i often work in very quiet rooms.
    I've been waiting realy long for the T904. In december i've tried the Thinkpad Yoga, but the digitizer was a mess!

And somethink else:
    I wasn't able to find information whether the T904 uses a Port-Replicator or a Dockingstation and which model it would be.

Thanks for the help!

ile likes this.
  2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Fan noise is not resolved yet and I doubt Fujitsu is going to release an update ("works as designed").

1. Been using the T in the train and fan noise wasn't an issue (no wonder, it's usually not very quiet in a train). However when search index went to work again it was very noticeable even in the train!)
    2. fan will turn in when scrolling through large PDFs or taking notes in OneNote. I would consider this quite annoying so using this in a quiet environment will be ab issue.
    3. In my opinion the only reason some in this forum are not bothered by the fan is because they work in an office where complete silence never occurs or they simply don't care much about fan noise (because I noticed the same high pitched fan in their videos).

At least I was able to fix the WLAN issue. For some reason the notebook connected to the more remote AP.

the HDMI issue still remains.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

3. blabla52

blabla52 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that's quite disappointing.
    If ervery T904 is having this noise issue, and not just the i7 version, then this won't be my first fujitsu.
    I'm wondering if their is any convertible out there which is really good enough for every day use.

Maybe I must wait 3-4 years for a convertible which fits my perceptions.
    If so I'm going to get me a thinkpad t440s. But I'm still going to wait one or two weeks to see how this damn noise issue is going to develop.

4. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

i encountered a new bug:
    Sometimes the touchscreen is not working, while the pen does. Mostly it happens when the Laptop is running but hasn't been used for more then an hour.

First I tought this has to do with the usb-power saving mechanisms (like it happened on my hp tm2-1090eg). Therefor i disabled "selektives USB-Energiesparen" (in english: USB selective suspend) in the power plan. But as i noticed this morning it didn't help: I did start the pc with a clean boot and then the touchscreen didn't work.

When touch isn't working it is possible to get it back by disabling and then enabling the touchscreen in the device manager. But this is no solution of the bug....

5. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds like a driver issue, you should try to notify Fujitsu about it.

6. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

About the noise (and, again, this is for my 4300U model):

To be clear: the noise levels in the first 1:00 of my video is the normal operational noise that is almost always what I hear (or don't hear), and be sure to account for the hiss from the microphone on the iphone 5 represented by the first 15 seconds when comparing and trying to gauge the subsequent noise levels (remember, that is silence and mic hiss not fan noise: note that it doesn't change when I move it closer to the vent). I'm not in an office, and that usage is silent from "lap" distance...perhaps it would reflect off of a desk louder than my soft lap(?), but I don't consider it loud in any way at all, and I really do consider it barely audible when I don't bring my ear down to the vent (from :15 to the 1:00 mark...the first 15 seconds is completely silent).

For my machine and usage, when it exceeds that level, it is usually restricted to the 1:00 to 1:20 sound range, and please keep in mind that is with the iphone and its mic held within a screen height distance of the vent, not at normal lap or even desktop usage range. When it gets louder when I move the iphone closer, please note how much louder it gets for that amount of change in distance to evaluate what type of sensitivity the mic has and what it says about the sound fall-off for normal usage distances, and evaluate for your own expectations accordingly.

I might be starting to play Civ V on it, which seems like the most likely real-world usage, for me, that might get beyond the noise levels up to 1:20 in the video, and I'll try to note and comment on that at some point. Video watching (Hulu, Youtube) certainly doesn't, and neither does running and using Art Rage 4 or One Note (both 2013 and the free App formerly known as "MX"), and I continue to consider this a fairly quiet machine. I would not if the noise levels from the GPU+CPU section at the end of my video was the normal sound level I experienced, or even fairly frequent for me, but even disk installs and compression/decompression at full throttle are limited, at the very worst not always, to the CPU loading noise between 1:20 and the GPU+CPU at the end, and that test for SiSoft Sandra that caused that actually uses so much CPU time the mouse cursor stops working properly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone able to try any drivers straight from WACOM??

I attempted to install this driver:

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

And it appears to not be working for me. All I get is an error when I go to the control panel and select "Pen Tablet Properties." The error reads "A supported tablet was not found on the system."

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

what happens when you run the wacom hardware check utility below it first?

9. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

The hardware check was good-to-go. It directs me to download that driver I linked above.

10. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm...thanks for that find, it had been a while since I'd tried to find Wacom drivers and the one I downloaded and used (not this one) caused the digitizer or its interface to be an unrecognized USB bus and stop working, until I deleted it and rebooted and reinstalled the Fujitsu driver. I'll give it a whirl and see what I can get to happen.

EDIT: I had the same problem, and it looks like the enhanced(?) control panel is hard-coded to check for hardware-ids or something. It suggest in two different places that the installation might not recognize recent tablets: in one suggests an upcoming 7.1.4 version might address that for at least the Asus Vivotab Note 8; in the other ( think the readme) suggesting to give feedback to them about the problem to help them know to address it (which I did, specifying the T904 and its recent release).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014