"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

The expected, and prevalent AFAICS, trend for the T904 is for it to ship with Windows 7 on the hardrive, and included Windows 8.1 on the recovery discs. You then choose whether to continue with 7 (and probably should back it up or clone it for future recovery), or "recover" right away to replace it with Windows 8.1. I was initially confused and thought I'd have Windows 7 recovery media, and a Windows 8.1 upgrade installation disc, but reconsidering what I heard about it offering both 7 and 8.1, I guess it actually fits better with what I actually ended up with.

What you describe did actually seem to be what SF6 ended up getting on their 4600U custom configured model, Win 8 on HDD from the start, while I have a 4300U pre-configured model that shipped with Win 7 on HDD (is this consistent, I wonder?). Your method lets you migrate whatever you started with, and if you are fine with that then it should work as an alternative to a USB DVD drive.

2. forcemac

forcemac Pen Pal - Newbie

I took the plunge....got the pre-config US version with the i5. Seperate SSD and Bluray external on order as well....

3. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Once I've bit-cloned to the SSD in a USB enclosure I swap it with the internal hard drive and the SSD becomes the internal main drive. Acronis Disk copy has served me well in the past

4. JoKeRoNe

JoKeRoNe Pen Pal - Newbie

ok, I just ordered my 4600U version from the german fujitsu online shop. I hope its not to loud, but I'll keep you updated.

5. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone have problems with wireless reception?

I only get about 20 Mbit/s even though I'm like 5 m away from the WLAN 300 Mbit/s access point. Even my Iphone 4 gets aound 60 Mbit/s and my old Yoga got 144 Mbit/s :(

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Boggles the mind that premium $2000+ devices still suffer from noisy fans, display output issues, and bad WiFi reception. Considering how Fujitsu still has unresolved firmware issues on the T902 a year after its release, I wonder why I'm buying such a flawed product. Oh, that's right, there are no other 13"+ Wacom tablet PCs...

7. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Exactly, there is no alternative :(

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

The elitebook revolve would have been perfect for me if they hadn't chosen the stupid ATMEL stylus. My second option was the lenovo yoga thinkpad for it's price and package BUT I've experienced such crappy lenovo warranty services that the only option left is Fujitsu. I hope it's the "last" laptop I will have to buy for a while for the amount I am paying.

9. daveah

daveah Pen Pal - Newbie

On a more mundane note, how is the keyboard? I'm trying to decide between the T904 and the TPY, and I will be using it as a laptop a good part of the time. Other usability questions - can I draw on the screen in laptop mode without the screen swiveling/tilting or the whole laptop falling over (with some of the very light machines, I've found touching the screen can cause the laptop to tilt back); also, If you go from laptop to tablet mode without picking the T904 up, does Windows 8.1 flip or will it be upside-down?

Thanks much for any insight!

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Well that's great news that the framerates aren't dropping drastically. I was hoping that wouldn't be the norm from Fujitsu in the future.
    The inconsistent scores from the same laptop could have a lot to do with the fact we are running it on a ULV still, as long as framerates adjust in small fractions at a time, it's normal for a low TDP device having to keep thermals at bay in a heavy load and so results may vary test to test a bit. The only real way to know for sure why it's varying so much is to run a log in gpu-z (free lightweight easy program) at the same time as running 3dmark and it will tell you the power, temps and clock rate of the integrated GPU.
    Either way I'm super glad you guys ran the tests for us, so thanks!