"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

The obvious benefits of savings, just as you believe, AFAICS. However, be sure to check for coupon codes at the time of purchase to see if any work for you...I think the 8% off at couponcactus.com is the one that worked for me.

I know HDD replacement works, but I'm not sure which exact type of RAM is needed. The part number I looked up is DDR 3 1600, though. I think this is the datasheet ("204-pin 1.35V DDR3L SODIMM"), but here is a close-up picture:

FTS_T904_RAM.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The T904 has DragonTrail glass.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. demalion

Why? Isn't that exactly the opposite of what you want? I certainly didn't do that.

I believe I picked an option during install of Windows 8.1 (I used the same process you described), though to my recollection it wasn't given as much focus as I thought it should have been. Checking under "Appearance and Personalization > Display", and "Change the size of all items", I have it set to the the largest setting (all the way to the right), but I think you have to remove the compatability setting to "disable display scaling" for this to have an effect on Chrome...

EDIT: My zoom level in Chrome is the default 100%, and the "Web Content" font size is set to "Medium" (also default, I believe?). Gmail looks fine in Chrome.

4. demalion

To expand on this, this involved all 3 of the included discs (DVDs): 1 boot, and ones marked "1 of 2" and "2 of 2", and it asks you put them all in for a "check", then asks you for them in a different order to copy the contents and install. This does require a USB DVD drive to read them, or possibly the dock if it includes a drive.

And the download utility lets you uncheck options (I unchecked the Fujitsu power utility in case it was causing more frequent fan noise, and the camera because it hung the install process the first time I tried it).

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Can someone pleeeeease run the free 3DMARK ( 3DMark cross-platform benchmark for Windows, Android and iOS ) for us? I would love to see if the T904 improved on GPU clock frequency stability over the T902. Mostly interested if the onboard GPU throttles, we already know from another report that the CPU doesn't remain in turbo for long, but there are GPU CPU frequency power balances that manufacturers can place on the systems favoring one or the other. I'm curious to see the 3Dmark test from the T904 to see if it can reach or exceed the T902 3D capability.
    thanks!

6. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

1 GB for a benchmark software?? I am downloading it now. I probably won't get a chance to run it until later today though.

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone planning on getting a screen protector for the t904? My 900 got too scratched up before I wised up and got one. Or is it not needed?

And bummer on having to use a dvd drive. I'll have to ask around for one. I don't want to buy one.

8. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

If someone could make ISOs and upload them, that would be GREAT.

The think I would need to figure out is how to make it work with 3 discs...on a USB. Not sure if it will work with 3 different ones...maybe..

9. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

How do you know this? Where's the source?

This would also answer if we need a screen protector or not, I'll probably still go for it anyways.

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

液晶パネルに傷や衝撃に強い高強度ガラスDragontrail®を採用。

Get a screen protector anyway. These tempered laminated glasses are scratch resistant to hardened steel, but sand is actually harder than that!

in4mer likes this.