"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know what you paid for it, but it sounds like a computer repair shop might help- if it's not worth it browse e-bay for another or newer model. I don't know where you bought it refurbished from but you may want to contact them.

2. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

Do You guys recommend 904 over 902 ? Its cpu is not that good compared to 902 so im afraid it would lag more in programs.I know its important cause i had x230 and x201 thinkpads and seen improvement when bought 902, CPU speed matters.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend either since there are better devices available at the same price range. The worst thing about the T902 and T904 is the air gap between the glass and the LCD, on the T904 it's huge.

4. 2blackbar

I looked up the list of win10 and win8 devices here, all of them, there arent any that come close to 902, its much cheaper now , maybe you mean "when t902 was new - price" like lenovos X2 or 720 ?
    What Do You have yourself ? What would you recommend, from what i see , processing power is important up to a point, then its cursor lag.
    On t902 i can see a much better experience when drawing at 200% scale, almost immediate response, very comfortable , iwouldnt want to get underpowered cpu and gpu as my next device, i see companies try to shove up weakest cpus first to people and are releasing better ones at 3x the price of used T902 with similar specs, this is just dumb, and it would be dumb for me to swich just to gain 500 points in benchmark from t902 so id prefere to wait.
    Is 4K display better or 1080 is better for drawing? Also is switch to 1920x1080 from 1600x900 on T902will be a huge difference? CAuse its main reason i have an eye for T904.
    I see that people like to complain about petty things on these devices, like lenoveo x230 being bad having not accurate stylus, for me it was identical to T902 and thinkpad X201.
    Also im not sure if i would need 15'' cause i rarely draw in corners of the screen and need more space, i just move work area.Some problems are not really problems for me but most important is brush lag that disappears when i zoom into 200%.Works fine on 100% but on 200 its really great.

Also that worst thing on T902 - what are You talking about ? I have no idea about air gap and it doesnt affect anything , i guess its the kind of things people like to point out on forums but are not big of a deal.
    You mean parallax ? In my experience when pen is precisely over cursor then i cant clearly see my line, so having parallax isnt bad, helps sometimes.
    I have screen protector and i heard that touch will not be working after i use it. but it works, not great but works, doesnt bother me.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Specifically I'm referring to the Samsung Galaxy Book 12 which has a 7th gen Core processor, 2160x1440 px display resolution, and Wacom EMR. The air gap on the T904 is huge, I'm saying this from experience after owning one for three years.

There's no reason to get a 4th-gen or 2nd-gen device.

6. 2blackbar

Yeah im watching some book 12 auctions but today ive got this kiddie drawing board that was popular year ago
    https://www.amazon.com/Writing-Bropang-Reusable-Portable-Educational/dp/B083NZ5V9C
    I tried to draw some stuff on it and there is 0 lag on this thing but despite that it felt a lot like T902 and not like drawing on paper, so im dumbfounded and torn now.
    I think even with 0 lag and best specs , that difference is really not that big, the biggest deal is i think paper texture, but i have one of these paperlike screen protectors, i didnt used it yet, maybe ill give it a go.
    Also drawing really slow is making the lines sloppy/wobbly on T902 compared to this simple drawing board, but when i use stabilisation is software then lines are much better on T902 than on this board when i use my hand.... so... i have to give it some thought.
    It really opened my eyes today cause now it feels like im chasing rainbows or windmills like don quixote.
    Weird stuff, so, which resolution is better ? 4K or 1080 ? I heard some bad stuff about 4K thats its harder to be precise, not sure cause i never tried it, i used ipad pro 12 inch for awhile , 120hz is nice at reducing lag but i ggave for T902 about 150 euro and for second one i gave 50 euro without hard drive... so throwing 500 euro for something new just to go from 1600x900 to 1920x1080 is dumb as hell.But now its like the only reason for me, and maybe better GPU, id like non intel one.
    T902 really serves me well, if it would had 1920x1080 monitor i probably wouldnt want anything else , maybe 120hz machine with similar specs but still , price would be big.
    T902 are like secret gems not a lot of artists know about, and i hope it wil lstay like that so i can snatch another one for cheap.
    I wonder if anyone tried to use monitor from fried T904 and mount it in T902, should work in theory , right ?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020