"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. CompTech

CompTech Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone gotten an external microphone to work with the T904? I have an external microphone on a long cord that I want to use to record interviews with people. When I plug an external microphone (or a headset with a microphone) into the Headphones port, the computer still uses the internal microphones and does not use the external microphone. The Headphones port seems to work fine for external speakers. This is harder to test than you might think because the internal microphones are very sensitive. You can talk into the external microphone and the internal microphones still pick it up. I installed the latest audio driver from Fujitsu and have spent a lot of time trying to get this to work.

Any suggestions appreciated. It would help just to know that someone else is certain that they got an external microphone to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@CompTech did you choose the external microphone as input device after connecting it?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. CompTech

CompTech Pen Pal - Newbie

@Starlight5. Thanks for responding. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (April 2018, the latest version). I have tried the latest Realtek driver and also the latest Windows High Definition Audio Device driver. Windows detects when I insert the plug into the Headphones port, but the only options for the microphone source under Sounds > Recording are Microphone and Stereo Mix (with the Realtek driver) (no Stereo Mix with the Windows driver). Since there are two internal microphones for an array effect, maybe a mono external microphone simply does not work because the plug does not provide two channels. Unless someone has more information, I think I will just drop this for now.

4. Kevin Freels

Kevin Freels Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this is an old machine now. I've had mine for 4 years, dropped it multiple times down concrete stairs working, popped the ethernet jack out, slapped it back in and kept working. It's held together with duct tape and still keeps on ticking. :)

One thing I haven't been able to sort out is if there is a way to use dual monitors with the single hdmi port. Does anyone have any advice in this area?

5. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

I run 2 external monitors with my 5+ year old T904 (which I agree is the toughest laptop I've ever owned), but I do it by using a docking station...

6. nancynog

nancynog Pen Pal - Newbie

My T904 is driving me crazy. The battery has never been good since I bought it refurbished, but now it won't power on. It flashes LEDs and makes a clicking sound over and over again. Battery in, battery out, hold down buttons, AC in, AC out. Nothing seems to work, and right about the time I'm ready to give up on it will power on. Sadly I can't get it to power on at all now. This should work without a battery shouldn't it? I think it might just be dead.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Since taking out the battery is super-easy just take it out and see if it powers up while plugged in.

8. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have a mechanical hard drive (not an SSD) then clicking sound can be the drive going bad. You would need a disc cloning program to switch over to a new drive,or install a backup to new drive, or reinstall operating system to a new drive. Reference-. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358970/can-faulty-harddrive-cause-computer-not-to-turn-on/

AC in should work without battery, so I don't believe the battery is the problem.

Lastly but unlikely is the power switch sticking (I don't like the power switch-difficult to press)- could clean it with this- https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Electronic-Cleaner-11/dp/B000BXOGNI

If it doesn't help cleaning the switch you can take it apart and check switch area for broken solder or wires-here is Dissasembly manual-http://www.mediafire.com/file/xexaf7t9gn7aqwi/di-lifebook-t935.pdf/file

9. WuffWuff

WuffWuff Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you see anything on the screen at all when you power it up? If not im afraid might be something with bios chip or possibly a loose connection on the mobo.