"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had the t904 for about 18 months.I have a Cintiq21 connected to it and hot swap the t904 between office and home docks with multiple monitors. I have lots of USB and CAD mice peripherals. So I have a pretty dynamic display and controller environment. Sometimes the Cintiq calibtration gets whacked but for the most part both pen drivers are very stable and I have never seen the message you describe. I've had a Samsung series 7 and an old Gateway tablet pc also with tablet pc and Cintiq drivers going back 6 years or so. The tablet PC and the Pro drivers do not always play nice together.

I am running Windows 8.1

If it was me, I would uninstall all the Wacom drivers. If you don't get all the Wacom drivers uninstalled first, the problems can persist. I would try to get a fresh install of the tabletpc driver working, then take another run at the Pro/intuous driver. The Driver install order may have an impact. I know it used to on my old machines.

Below is a screen capture for you of my desktop from my t904 with both drivers open so you can see the numbers. ( i use an aftermarket Fujitsu pen with dual buttons as the tablet pc pen, but that shouldn't make any difference for you)

Here is where you can get the Legacy driver for tablet PC that I'm using
    Tablet PC – Enhanced Tablet Driver 7.2.0-4
    http://us.wacom.com/en/support/legacy-drivers/

I learned a long time ago not to mess with a set of stable Wacom drivers. If you get it to work don't update that stuff just because there's a new version.

I'm not saying that these versions are a requirement, just saying that this is what I have installed and what is stable on my t904.

Proceed at your own risk. I make no guarantee that this will work. Keep us posted

Wacom driver capt.jpg

2. Compudoc

Compudoc Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a highly satisfied T904 owner for the past 13 months. I use it 7 days a week for work and play. Now I'm noticing that my shift and Ctrl key surfaces are rubbing off. (I guess I cut and paste a lot...)
    I've never had a keyboard show wear before. Are others seeing this?
    I started to wonder if this was a known problem when I looked at the manual and read:

Keyboard

The keyboard of your notebook is subject to continuous wear through normal

use. The key markings are especially prone to wear. The key markings are

liable to wear away over the life of the notebook.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

All the plastic parts on my device are showing signs of wear. The top and bottom of the body are entirely scratched, and paint is extremely worn around the edges of the base. Surprisingly, the rubber pads are completely intact. All the glass surfaces are scratch-free, the metal body has a couple of tiny (milimeter-length) scratches that I don't know how they got there. The underside of the display glass has dust on it that is visible in direct sunlight - next time better get a gel gap display instead of an air gap. The fan is dusty but easy to clean with light pressurized air. The paint on the power switch is completely worn off. I almost always use external keyboards so the internal keyboard is very lightly worn even after a year and a half - the keys are shiny but no paint has worn off.

In short, all plastic parts are exhibiting wear, all metal and glass parts are as-new. Dust behind the display glass is annoying to think about but not visible under normal conditions. The rubber parts are surprisingly resilient.

Maybe Fujitsu should make rubber/metal/glass keyboard keys?

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Windows Update thinks I'm ready:

[​IMG]

I don't think I'm ready. But for the sake of a little excitement, I'm going to do a full disk image backup and then take the plunge. I already regret this decision...

Mesosphere and lis like this.
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Everything went smoothly. After the update finished downloading, it took 20-30 minutes to update the system. There are no hardware issues! At all! Yay! After Disk Cleanup, Windows 10 freed up an extra 10GB of space compared to Windows 8.1. There are some software and settings issues:
    • UI animations look clunky and jittery. This seems like a display scaling issue.
    • Display auto-rotates in tablet mode, but doesn't automatically return to default in desktop mode.
    • Online search results should be disabled! ("Group Policy" shows an online app? Yuck.)
    • Fingerprint login requires setting up a PIN. Had to put a 30+ digit PIN for some semblance of security.
    • Automatic updates can only be disabled if you set the network as "metered connection"
    • Some Microsoft apps can't be uninstalled. ("Xbox" is part of the OS now? Huh.)
    All in all a successful and painless update.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

7. linuxpro

linuxpro Pen Pal - Newbie

I recived my T904 this week and I'm quite satisfied with it.
    But I'm still running a few parallel-port printers and was wondering if I can use one of the older port-replicators which still have this port.
    Can anyone tell me, whether or not the T904 will work with an older docking station?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The new Windows 10 (version 1511) has a lot of good bug fixes and features:
    • touchpad is automatically disabled in tablet mode
    • auto-brightness is now fully disabled (even in low-light environments) when set to "disabled"
    • the split-second display snow during the handoff between the BIOS and Windows is gone
    • SMS client! Yeah!
    • UI animation is smooth again!
    • feels like better hardware support all around
    All in all Windows 10 is a slightly better experience on the T904 than Windows 8.1 was, thanks to little optimizations here and there.

With refurbished i5-4300U T904s selling on eBay for $650, this is now a relatively powerful, incredibly slick machine for its price bracket.

Update
    Every successive Windows 10 update makes the hardware issues worse. Windows 10 keeps bits and pieces of its own drivers installed even after vendor-supplied drivers are installed, and this makes the device crash or become completely inoperable. Sometimes Windows Update simply reinstalls its own drives with no regard to user input. Currently, the Validity fingerprint sensor (ID=0050 or WBF5302) driver doesn't work and can't be downgraded because Windows keeps parts of its own driver no matter which driver is installed.

Update 2
    A clean install (removing all applications and all user data) fixes these issues. Thanks for the tip, hacky.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  9. linuxpro

linuxpro Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got another question:
    My fingerprint sensor won't work.
    I can't even find it :(
    Can anyone, who has already installed Windows 10, tell me, how the fingerprint sensor is named in the device manager?

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The device ID is 138a:0050 and the Linux drivers appear to be currently in development.

Windows drivers are supplied by Microsoft/Validity/Fujitsu. Windows 10 requires a PIN before allowing fingerprint login.