"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

Now for the toughest question...probably already asked before. Would you still recommend this computer for college (4 year program) if I could get a thinkpad yoga 12 2nd gen. with the same specs? I like that this laptop has that extra inch which really helps but the durability is questionable. Then again, the yoga has a matte screen protector on it (yuck) but it's the brightest display which kind of compensates for it. Plus the viewing angles equal a :( but that extra inch and twisting screen (no gimmicky flip going on) change my opion every time ... soooo I'm stuck between the two. Thanks for replying, if you do, and please offer an explanation as to why you recommend the one that you do. I know this is long but I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

2. kirbyofthestars

kirbyofthestars Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody else have an issue where the T904 sometimes fails to resume from sleep? I'll just lift the lid and the display will turn on, but it'll be all black. Sometimes I hear a few "clicks" and the computer revs up for a bit, but nothing else. Only thing left to do at that point is a hard reset.

I can't say anything about the ThinkPad, but if it helps to mention it I'm using this computer for college right now and hope it'll last me through pharmacy school. Battery life is generally not an issue for me; I've gone 9-2 before with heavy Facebook/OneNote/PowerPoint/Google Drive/etc. usage in power saving mode/low brightness. The only times I'd have a problem was when I'd forget to charge it in the morning or change the power plan.
    I'm probably not as picky about viewing angles as other people here. The hinge IS flimsy, but I haven't observed it getting worse ever since I got the computer a year ago. I did have to have the computer serviced, though, due to some issues; one of which was with the LED wires in the display which may or may not have to do with the hinge. Turnaround time for the repair was atrocious, though. I tried to send it in during winter break, but didn't get it back until over a month—perhaps closer to two months—later, and had to use another computer for the first two weeks of the spring semester. They took a couple of weeks to get to it (citing the holidays as the delay) and then had to order parts from Japan, which other people in this thread have noted taking a really long time.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  3. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

Never had that happen to me.

4. Kevin Freels

Kevin Freels Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you ever figure this out? When I ordered I didn't think I wanted LTE capability since i Have tethering available. But after a few months of havinr a Nokia Lumia 2520 with built in LTE, I just want the added convenience. I called Fujitsu and they said this device wasn't capable of adding LTE since I didn't order it that way. If you have this working, I'd like to know what you bought and what drivers you used if you dont' mind. Thanks!

5. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I recovered my T904 with factory provided 3 DVDs. One boot disk, 2 recovery disks.

But when the recovery was complete, none of the drivers came back... not even WIFI. I clicked on FUJTISU SOFTWARE AUTO INSTALLER on the desktop, it won't load and gives an error message saying I should download drivers from FUJITSU website...

but why should I even use the recovery disks at all if I need to install drivers by myself???????

the 16GB hidden partition is there, so I guess all drivers are there but they just don't load...

anyone facing the same problem?

I also recovered a LIFEBOOK E734 with factory DVDs, same problem...

my old T902 and Q702 don't have this problem. Recovery disks just give me back the original factory image.

any ideas?

6. Kevin Freels

Kevin Freels Pen Pal - Newbie

Their driver process is a complete mess. If you go to their website you can download the drivers here: http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/support.do?srch=DOWNLOADS
    There's a readme that's supposed to be a list of the drivers in order. It's not correct. I can't remember exactly where it is off but I've done it twice now.
    There is a "Fujitsu download manager" that doesn't work worth a darn as well.
    Best you can do is follow the install order in the readme file. Start with the BIOS update, then the chipset drivers, etc. Follow the sheet but sometimes you'll get an error that another driver that's later in the list needs to be installed first. Install it, but when you get to that point in the list, install it again. Then when you're done, go out to manufacturer websites and get the last few. It's a complete joke and I've written them twice about it and neither time did I get a response.

Once you get it right and have a stable system, create yourself a new image using AOMEI backupper free edition and then if you have to restore you can use that instead of screwing around with the drivers again.

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Assuming the offending driver didn't have a firmware component (which survives a drive wipe).

8. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks, i will install those drivers if i cannot get my answer about recovery disks.

my question is: why don't the driver come back if i use the factory provided 3 recovery disks and 16 GB of hidden partition? it is more work, and less effort comparing to a clean install provided by Microsoft. if that's true, then FUJTISU shouldn't even make any recovery disks anymore...

9. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, I could use some help if anyone has some knowledge about this. The Function Manager is no longer working on my T904!! :( It's not a big deal but a bummer because I used it to turn things on and off like my bluetooth... I just got windows 10 and have version 1.0.3.2 of the Function Manager. any ideas? Ive already tried 'run as administrator' with no luck. Also Ive reinstalled it twice...

PS does anyone know what the 'Lifebook Applications Panel does'? Drivers can be a mess sometimes:vbconfused:

10. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I had this problem when I had the T904, and I also do have this problem sometimes with the T935.