"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks, i will install those drivers if i cannot get my answer about recovery disks.

my question is: why don't the driver come back if i use the factory provided 3 recovery disks and 16 GB of hidden partition? it is more work, and less effort comparing to a clean install provided by Microsoft. if that's true, then FUJTISU shouldn't even make any recovery disks anymore...

2. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, I could use some help if anyone has some knowledge about this. The Function Manager is no longer working on my T904!! :( It's not a big deal but a bummer because I used it to turn things on and off like my bluetooth... I just got windows 10 and have version 1.0.3.2 of the Function Manager. any ideas? Ive already tried 'run as administrator' with no luck. Also Ive reinstalled it twice...

PS does anyone know what the 'Lifebook Applications Panel does'? Drivers can be a mess sometimes:vbconfused:

3. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I had this problem when I had the T904, and I also do have this problem sometimes with the T935.

4. Tom Garden

Tom Garden Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I've been having numerous problems with my t904 but I'll start with the most troublesome. First off, the tablet pen doesnt work after installing Win10. The touch screen works, because I can use my fingers, but not the pen. I am an illustrator and got this comp with the idea that I could use it as a drawing tablet but so far it's been a waste of time. Is there a way to fix this or am I just gonna have to wait until windows gets their **** together and fixes it with an update? Second, everytime I open a programme or switch to another programme (already open) or even switch to a Windows explorer folder, the screen 'shrinks' about a cm for 2 seconds then goes back to original size before switching to the desired programme you have click on. So visually, it does what it does just before you (physically) flip your t904 portrait (turning it into a tablet) which flips the screen around to portrait mode. It's like the programme is about to flip my screen to portrait/tablet mode everytime I click on a programme... It's really annoying. I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me out on these two issues. Thanks!

Tom

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

This is probably not what you want to hear, but since the device only officially supports Windows 7 Pro and 8.1 Pro, you're better off using one of those operating systems.

That said, for the pen you can always try uninstalling the Wacom drivers and reinstalling the latest version. For the display (non-)rotation you can try to uninstall the Fujitsu Display Manager, and if that fails you can try locking rotation with Windows Key + O as a temporary workaround.

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. Tom Garden

Thanks, ATIVQ, It looks like I'll have to revert back to Windows 8...or 7. Which would you advise? Is the t904 better set up for win7 or 8 when it comes to it's wacom tablet screen function (for use in photoshop)? Also, will there be sufficient driver updates etc for those outdated OS's?

Tom

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I personally like Windows 8.1 Pro better than 7 Pro, but it's a matter of preference. Fujitsu has all the drivers for 8.1 but I don't suppose updates will be forthcoming, now that the T904 is obsolete. Some people are still reporting display-wake-up-from-sleep issues but I haven't experienced this, perhaps because I turned off Fast Boot in the BIOS - whether Windows boots in 2 seconds or 8 seconds doesn't make much difference to me. Wacom is still shipping updates for the Feel (tablet PC) hardware, which works very well, notwithstanding the wild inaccuracy of the pen 1 to 2 cm from the edges. I would recommend not installing the RealTek audio drivers - the default Windows drivers are better. If you have Sierra Wireless 3G/LTE, I recommend installing only the firmware update and using the default Windows drivers for that, they work better too. And... don't install the Fujitsu Display Manager, Mobility Center Add-On, Function Manager, Network utility, or Shock Sensor utility, they only duplicate features that are already available by default in Windows.

You can automatically choose, download, and install the Fujitsu-provided drivers with DeskUpdate. The updated Wacom Feel drivers are on Wacom's site. The LTE firmware is on Sierra Wireless's website, and unless you're locked to one provider choose the "generic" firmware.

In six months or so when Windows 10 is more mature, I'll probably upgrade.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Tom Garden

Thanks ACTIVQ, I appreciate the help. I'll look into restoring win7.

9. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

I just wanted to chime in about the issues you're having.

I've had mine for over a year now and the pen has always worked fine. I just updated to Windows 10 last month and the pen as well as touch continues to work. It might be that there's another fix aside from reverting your system to an older version. Also, I've uninstalled Display Manager like ATIVQ suggested.

What has frustrated me is that I've been using a second stylus for a while, it's a Fujitsu Lifebook stylus for an older model, and the eraser tip has always been recognized when I flip the pen to erase, in every program I've tried (ms word, onenote, artrage, sketchbook pro, etc). However now, after updating to Windows 10, the eraser tip on this stylus just acts as a pen tip and won't erase.

My display would sometimes rotate on its own without having been physically moved around, and in addition to uninstalling Display Manager I disabled some "autorotate the display" or something like that somewhere in the display settings and that fixed the problem for me.

10. Tom Garden

Also, one of the (many) problems I am having is that my Pen digitizer doesn't work. The touch screen works with your finger, but the pen does not. Its also worth noting that I have a Wacom Intuos 3 installed on my computer as well so maybe they are competing with each other? Just recently, the Intuos tablet has stopped working so now both the Wacom Feel Pen Digitizer and the Wacom Intuos Tablet aren't working. All drivers relating to these devices seems to be working. The 'compliant Digitizer/pen/touchscreen' (wacom feel) drivers all say they are working and up to date in the Device Manager window but not the 'wacom tablet' driver (wacom intuos). It has a problem described as below:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

If anyone knows of a way to get the Wacom Feel Pen working AND have the Wacom Intuos working as well, you would be legends of the pixel universe.

Tom