"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

There is some color shifting, but since I use it mostly for taking notes in tablet mode this doesn't affect me. For an artist this is a problem. If you want to use it outdoors, you won't have fun with the mirror like display. For reading the high screen resolution is perfect. Just think about how you use it. Since I am engineer, I need a fast Cpu and a high screen resolution for CAD, a big ssd (CADs like Inventor or programs like Matlab need around 30gb each), high dpi display for reading and basic colors for taking notes.
    For me it is fine, but for someone drawing outdoors this machine is hell...

2. Kevin Freels

Kevin Freels Pen Pal - Newbie

As a photographer, I'm quite pleased with this machine. There's just no better way to site at a desk and swing the screen around to show something to someone and swing it back. With the yoga and all the other flippy screens this is awkward at best and at times quite comical looking. Nothing professional about it. Once calibrated. the colors are amazingly accurate. I just got this 2 weeks ago but the first thing I did was calibrate and then use a set of photos I have just for testing and adjusted them on the screen and sent them to a lab. This is the first laptop I EVER felt comfortable editing on where I could reasonably assume the pics from the lab will appear as they did on the screen.
    That being said. I am facing the screen when I do that and the ambient light is controlled. Riding in a car with the top down on a sunny day is a bear, but is has been with any machine and/or phone I've used. I ordered a matte finish screen protector from amazon. we'll see if that helps any.

3. Kevin Freels

NLNLNLNLNLnlNLnlNLnlNLnlNLNLNLNLNLNLNlnlNLNLNLnLNLNLNLNLNLNL

not having any problems here. Unless I get my palm on the touchpad that is. I can hold both shift buttons and get a G, L, V, R, Y, $, or ^. (4 and 6)
    Maybe there's a hidden message to the illuminati in here?

No, there isn't.
    /s/ The Illuminati

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  4. Kevin Freels

I used AOMEI to to a "full system backup" and "deployed" it to my girlfriend's T904. Here's the steps I used...
    I had to boot into a command prompt through the USB and use diskpart to mark the partition as active and assign a drive letter to the FAT32 EFI partition . (I used V)

then I went into the EFI directory at V:\EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT and used bootrec /fixboot

Then I ran bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-gb /s b: /f ALL to recreatethe BCD store.

Rebooted and created a new user and deleted my user account.

I know this is less than ideal but maybe it will help.

5. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I have an MXH 25% matte screen protector from photodon on my 904.
    http://www.photodon.com/p/3136-01.html

Perfect for me in an office and mobile environment without making the screen too fuzzy.
    It really reduces glare and reflection and helps the stylus feel (and I sketch and take notes frequently). With the black Wacom tips it feels more paper like

I've had the 904 for more than a year. Its been a great machine though I'd consider a Surface if I bought now. My experiement with 8" Encore Write has shown me that a smaller screen is actually better for mobile sketching (and I have a Cintiq 21")
    I keep my t904 screen set on 1920 x 1080 (my eyes are too old for 2560 x 1440).
    The color on the screen is fine provided you are within a narrow viewing angle. But not great saturation or brightness on this machine.

6. gochi

gochi Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Kevin Freels

Has anyone had any trouble with the plastic cracking where your hands rest when you're typing?
    I had a T730 a couple years ago and after a few months it was cracking above where the PCMCIA card slot was. After a while I thought about it and called support and they sent me a plastic insert to fit in there and it kept it from getting worse. No idea why it didn't ship with it.
    Now I'm starting to see a hairline crack on my T904 on the left side above where the smart card slot is.
    This is just weird. I've never had this problem with any other brand. Unfortunately, the number of companies that make a resistive touch rotating screen with windows 8.1 Pro is slim.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The hand rests are aluminum and the trackpad is glass so there probably won't be any cracking there.

People have been complaining about cosmetic issues with the plastic seams around the hinge opening up. The seams do have an unusual amount of wiggle room and the hinge is very bendy - bends over a centimeter up and down. No one's reported a faulty hinge yet, only cosmetic issues. I beat up my device pretty hard, the plastic and magnesium are covered in road rash, but the glass and aluminum still look brand new.

9. newmanm

newmanm Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, This might be a little off-topic, but with windows 10 coming out next month - is anyone planning to go for the free upgrade? I noticed mine doesn't have the reserve-your-copy icon in the taskbar which means T904 might not meet the SPECS (which I find very hard to believe), but we can still upgrade beginning July 29th.

Im only concerned about driver issues - They have seperate drivers for windows 7 and 8 on the website, but any chance they will post windows 10 drivers as well? Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You have to install an optional update to get the popup advert taskbar icon. If this ad-infested popup is a sign of things to come I'm never upgrading to Windows 10.

[​IMG]