"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

Should i get the Lifebook T935 or the Thinkpad Lenovo yoga 12" 2nd gen?

2. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

None what-so-ever that I have been able to detect. Hinge wise it seems to be just as sturdy as the old HP Elitebook tablets I've previously used.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Yoga 12 wins in price hands down - $1300 new, vs $2200 for the T935 (though it costs much less in Europe and comes with all the extra features). The selling points for the T935 are the built-in LTE mobile broadband and the WQHD display. If you don't need those, go for the Yoga.

4. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like i had a bad one. My t904 needed a replacement hinge after just 10 months. But I have one from the first charge... My old Hp tm2 has a much more sturdy hinge. Excluding the replacement of the whole screen for a new hinge, i really like the notebook especially the screen resolution ^^. If you have the choice, you should buy one with an i5, the i7 isn't faster because of the thermal throttling.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

What are your thoughts on the T904? do you own one? and i really dont like the bezel on the yoga plus the T904 or T935 has 1 more inch of screen which is a plus to me.

6. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

What exactly was the problem with the hinge? was it cracked, or weak? I really do like the look of the computer and the extra inch of screen as opposed to the yoga. Do you think i should still get one (T904 or T935) or look towards the yoga 12.5? Since these are pretty much the best laptops with digitizers built in.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I love it, bought it in Germany since it costs less there, got the i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, LTE model, but that was a year ago and the T935 sells for less with the same features and a better CPU and GPU. There are some usability issues with it, don't expect a dream machine. It's not well-suited as a media device because of the poor speakers and viewing angle, and of course it won't run modern videogames. It's definitely an office device, I use it to take notes, do general office work, and read books and documents in portrait mode which works great thanks to the WQHD display - no zooming in and out, viewing an entire page at a time. My decision came down to the WQHD display and LTE modem, plus I like the rotating display design better than the Yoga's fold design, and I prefer brushed aluminum over black plastic.

8. Simon25

Simon25 Pen Pal - Newbie

It started to disassemble: The crack between the parts increased enormously and it started to have an additional 3rd way to turn.
    Since I prefer the higher screen resolution, I would still buy a t935 or a t904. But don't expect the hinge to hold for ages. I recommend to buy a warranty extension.
    I use it for cad, office and taking notes.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  9. zxcool

zxcool Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks so much for answering! If you don't mind I have one more question about the display. It uses the GIZO or whatever panel and i heard that it may cause bad viewing angles, especially when drawing on it when it is flipped over (tablet mode). I was wondering how bad is the color loss or does it not look so bad when drawing with black (any blurriness?). Please offer details. Your the only one so far who actually owns the laptop so much appreciated.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

The viewing angle problem is difficult to communicate accurately. It is really something you have to see to understand, but it is a real problem (at least with the T904). It is definitely my biggest gripe with this device. There are some attempts to describe the problem in this thread as well as the T935 thread, but, again, it is a hard thing to describe with words (or even pictures, imaging sensors and eyes don't work the same way).

Still, I don't think I'd have gone with another device over this one at the time I bought it (a year ago). I can work with the view angle issues and the thinkpad yoga had display issues as well. Presently though, I'd probably go with the Toshiba z20t. That has a lot to do with the detachable keyboard, but the high quality matte finished IPS display is a close second.

One thing you may want to consider is if the increased resolution is something that will be useful too you. Personally in my use, I would have prefered a 1080p display. I haven't run into many instances where the increased resolution was useful to me. More often it is a hurdle I need to overcome. Many desktop applications where not written with high DPI displays in mind, so they don't scale well. Sometimes they simply refuse to scale (resulting in tiny UI/text), or they scale badly and look "fuzzy" or the scaling pushes parts of the UI out of the "window".

Also, just to add another data point, my hinge is starting to separate a bit too. It doesn't seem to be resulting in any wobble, but it is visible... I'll probably just take the super glue to it or something. The reports on the RMA process are not appealing.

Last edited: May 4, 2015