"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like we had both the same experiences, and the same plan...you bought one of the high capacity discounted Samsung EVOs too, right? :thumbsup:

BTW, while I do have issues with some windows and the mind-bogglingly persistent-through-several-reinventions failure of Windows at solving the problem of scaling, Chrome isn't one of them. Are you sure you've found all the places to adjust text size and DPI?

Also, I recommend "Classic Shell" (free) to help address some of the frustrating lack of access to non-"App" Windows features, though it is very ugly until make sure you have the large text selected, you double the icon sizes, and then reboot. I use only the Start Menu replacement so far.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

A few questions:
    • Has anyone tried reassigning the volume buttons for other uses?
    • How many people are experiencing the HDMI blanking issue?
    • On Linux, can the CPU frequency be set at 100% indefinitely via /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/min_perf_pct ?

3. nunomcf

nunomcf Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your contributions to this thread, and insights about the T904.

@demalion and @Deanwvu:

what do you find to be the benefits in opting for lower RAM/HHD specs directly from Fujitsu (US shop site), and then replacing these components by higher spec'd ones, bought from a 3rd party vendor?

In a quick search on Newegg, I found potential savings to be around $140:

My desired config:
    i7-4600U, 8GB DDR3L SDRAM, 256GB SSD, Port Replicator: $2,974 (Fujitsu US)

Lower specs config:
    i7-4600U, 4GB DDR3L SDRAM, 320GB HHD, Port Replicator: $2,499 (Fujitsu US)
    + Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600 ($104), + SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III MLC SSD ($208) (Newegg)

So, in the end, going through the "3rd vendor replacement route", you'd end up paying $2811, instead of $2,974.

Not that $140 isn't money (I'll consider the Port Replicator came free), but is this it? :)

4. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've not found a solution for the HDMI blanking issue.

It seems to be a driver issue though. If it happens I can get it to work by going into the Intel driver to muli monitor and reassign it to extended mode. Then I created a profile so whenever it happens I can simply reload the profile.

But the problem is still there.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

5. Mason89

Mason89 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    first I have to apologize for my rusty English. I have got the same issues like SF6. Speed Fan displays core temperatures till max. 50°C. That seems for me quite low. To make sure that these core temperatures won’t be exceeded the cpu fan react very sensitive (according to cpu tact?!?). Already a download produce rather loud fan noises.
    I have just contacted Fujitsu. I will report if I have got a proposal for solution of Fujitsu.

6. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Deanvwu, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I got an EVO 750gb. What was your process for installing windows 8. Did you just boot up with the new drive and a dvd drive attatched and then the install went from there? And it installed all of the nessessarry drivers.

I'll have to get my hands on a dvd or try a usb drive method.

7. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

Screenshot (2).jpg

For Chrome, please share what your settings are to make it tolerable..

I did check the box in the shortcut to "Disable Display Scaling...." in the "Compatibility" tab of the properties.

The issue I have, I think, is a combination of default font size.

Please, if you would, share your settings that make Chrome manageable, particularly your default font sizes and your default zoom level.

I've attached a screenshot of my Gmail tab... Gmail in particular looks HORRIBLE on Chrome (with my settings, of course), and it looks normal on IE.

EDIT: I have also already enabled "Touch UI" and "HiDPI" in the Chrome://flags menu.

8. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a USB external DVD drive, and booted to it to install the recovery media (Windows 8.1) on the new SSD.

Once windows was running and updated, I downloaded a utility from the Fujitsu website called "Fujitsu Software auto-installer," which auto-downloads and installs all the relevant drivers for the T904.

dv8nathan and Precurve like this.
  9. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

For those who want to install using USB, I posted this on the HP forums when I had an elitebook revolve. The instructions will work the same.

Re: Windows 8.1 clean install with Windows 8 OEM k... - HP Enterprise Business Community

I haven't got the T904 yet, but it should be easier as all you need to do is make it a bootable USB.

You will need:

1. USB Drive with at leat 8GB.

2. YUMI Creator (pendrivelinux.com)

use YUMI usb creator and create a USB bootable with windows 8.1 ISO).

jbomb likes this.
  10. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if the T904 has corning gorilla glass? The T902 appears to have corning glass.