*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dgoodisi, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leftfield

Leftfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, if this coupon gets yanked for technical reasons, your place in line might be the better deal.

I pre-ordered at several places just so that one of them gets me my slate first, and I don't like losing my place for something technical like this.

2. denzia

denzia Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a heads up,
    turns out someone managed to open their BUILD slate and replace their mSATA SSD but is having difficulty attaching the back cover. The back was glued.

SSD Upgrade?

3. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

Highly likely because you or someone else mentioned that to them.

In my past experience with MS Store, they gave free xbox even though VAIO SA student pricing didn't qualify for that promotion according to their web page. I just had to call and order it through the phone and ask for a free xbox, provide my edu email address. I was thinking that this was the case for ordering this Samsung Slate through the phone and getting a coupon, so I was about to place an order.
    Now I just have to pray that the $1300 A03 model from Amazon includes dock and keyboard. I can't believe that nobody knows the specs for sure. This is same as speculating Lenovo's X220T pre-configured models all over again.

Did anyone else order through the phone after this morning and get a promise of $100 coupon?

Edit: For those who already ordered and was offered the coupon, you don't need to call them again and ask about it (and alert them). In case they don't ship the coupon, you can always call back, and I'm sure they will give you something even better or at least the same value.

4. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

Poor guy. The 128GB mSATA SSD cost him $279 and it can't even be put back together. I'm definitely going for the 128GB model no matter what.

5. Zurv

Zurv Pen Pal - Newbie

ouch! i really hope that isn't true with the retail unit. I need to put a WiMAX card in there

6. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Too bad he did not take picture of the open Samsung 7 slate!

7. Hardcore73

Hardcore73 Pen Pal - Newbie

This is from Microsoft and why I have loyalty with them:

After further evaluation, it appears that the Samsung Series 7 Slate PC was mistakenly listed as a qualifying PC purchase for the promotion.* However, due to our previous communication, we will honor the value of the promotion and offer you $100.00 off your new order for the Samsung Series 7 Slate PC, rather than a coupon code for a future purchase.
    To place your new order, we will have to place it over the phone.* We can call you at your convenience to place your order.* To arrange this, please reply to this email with your phone number and preferred time to be contacted, including the time zone.* We will then contact you accordingly.

Call them and ask for the $100 off. I am sure they will honor it.

8. Omniscaper

Omniscaper Pen Pal - Newbie

WTF.. now I'm getting really frustrated, First I, they change the model number from a04 to a05, then there is a promotion I was told yesterday I was eligible for and today I'm being told now that I'm NOT, but surprisingly I was given the credit off my balance. But NOW... OH now....their site says it INCLUDES the dock for limited time.

Ugh.. time to get BACK on the phone.

9. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

lol, gotta love the ups and downs of trying to get the newest tech :D

Best of luck to all of you who have one ordered up, hope its a great system!

10. Atlus

Atlus Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you link to the site where it says the dock comes with it? I don't see it

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.