*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dgoodisi, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Zurv

Zurv Pen Pal - Newbie

WiMAX or usb something-3g.. or a hot spot from your cellphone or stand alone unit.

2. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Where do you see it doesn't come with 3g modem?

3. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Pen Pal - Newbie

Intel integrated graphics apparently used to suck but the Intel HD 3000 looks to be quite a bit better than the Raden HD 6250. See benchmarks below:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Notebookcheck.net Tech
    AMD Radeon HD 6250 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

4. bxsteez

bxsteez Pen Pal - Newbie

Its not that it says it doesn't come with 3G its that it doesn't list 3G in its specifications.

Yea i was trying to avoid walking around with a module sticking out of the unit and i already have a 3G data plan with tmobile but its just been sitting in a drawer lol. I might just get a 4g hotspot.

5. plnguyen

plnguyen Pen Pal - Newbie

Microsoft Store shows estimated ship date of 11/1/2011. I truly hope that is wrong.

6. plnguyen

plnguyen Pen Pal - Newbie

I've never bought a laptop at Microsoft Store before. Does anyone know any promo codes for it? I currently have the tablet preordered from Amazon. Saving $50 + Windows 7 Pro vs the one offered on Amazon is nice.

7. dohertp

dohertp Pen Pal - Newbie

rrrrrrr, by the time they release it, ivy bridge will be out!!

well i hope not

8. AmbiDextrose

AmbiDextrose Scribbler - Standard Member

@dohertp - Ivy Bridge is still 7 to 9 months from its launch date. And you're already hedging your bet that the Series 7 slate will get an upgrade at launch time. If I you really need the device in the next few weeks, why not just purchase it now and sell it later when the updated Series 7 slate appears? You'll still get at least 6 months of use out of the thing.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

A month from formal anouncement to shipping is not too bad. Some early hp slate buyers waited 85 days.:(

But, I feel your pain.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

omg.....November 1st....what a super long wait. lol

Sorry...but unless you were one of the early adopters of the HP Slate 500 or any of the other super delayed tablets, you really have no right to complain over a 1 month gap...in the tech world, 1 month is nothing. Their probably just saying November 1st because they don't know the exact date and don't want people complaining if it doesn't come.

Its Not like Samsung Reps are announcing "Its out and its shipping today"
    then 3-4 months later still no Slate....as HP can attest to.

And the chance of Samsung releasing an Ivy Bridge update is just as likely as Asus ever releasing a Sandy Bridge update of the ep121.

And if sales of the Series 7 are poor..those update chances are even less. Whats the motto "If you hold out for the update, their won't be one"