*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dgoodisi, Aug 31, 2011.

1. plnguyen

plnguyen Pen Pal - Newbie

God this wait for a new TabletPC is killing me. Returned my Asus EP121 3 weeks ago due to defective fan. I was hoping I could get one of these "early October". If Samsung misses the October 20th release date I'm going to go crazy.

2. Zurv

Zurv Pen Pal - Newbie

hrmm... those UK specs looks like it doesn't have WiMAX.. did i miss something? i don't think the centrino 6230 has it (only 6250, right? maybe the UK doesn't have wimax?)

3. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

4. menteleum

menteleum Pen Pal - Newbie

I preordered my Samsung slate at the Microsoft Store retail store yesterday here in Houston and I received a notice to pickup my slate on 10/13/2011 last night... I also saw a couple selling on ebay.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Looking forward to your review and lots of pictures.

6. Zurv

Zurv Pen Pal - Newbie

we expect a lot from you :)

1) wimax?
    2) how is the pen?
    3) batt life?
    4) open it up to see if there are any free slots :)

7. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

I am so jealous!. We do expect a full report!

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In all honesty there's already a million and one applications out there for Windows and although they're not Touch based you'd be trapping yourself into another echo-system. Only a year to go before Windows 8. I'll probably give it a try but won't keep it.

"...Those, it turns out, will be included under a paid version of the App Player"

Ahh, there's the catch.

9. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

:( ....

I have been staring at this auction for over a week now (Not literally every second of course as I have to eat)

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I want to click Buy It Now but something is holding me back and I'm usually not like that. Something is screaming 'the fan will annoy the heck out of you'. I suppose I can wait another few days to see what menteleum thinks.

Plus it's a lot of cash :)

10. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

WOW! I live in Houston too. Do they have it in stock? Or they just shipped preordered units to the local store?

11. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone have or know where to find the physical dimensions for the Series 7 slate? I keep seeing '12.5mm thick' in all the reviews, but nothing else (width, height). I've pre-ordered one and since it doesn't come with a case I'd like to make a wooden mockup and start looking for a suitable case I can use when it shows up.

Also, what are the actual screen dimensions (with and without bezel). I'd also like to start looking for a matte screen protector.

Thanx.

John

12. Dev_00

Dev_00 Pen Pal - Newbie

It looks like Amazon has officially released it and removed the "preorder". They've also dropped the price by $50 for a couple models. I wonder if any brick and mortar stores have any in stock.

13. kitejumping

kitejumping Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to know, I just cancelled my preorder at 1350 and reordered for 1300 at amazon.

14. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Keep in mind the Amazon page does still say "Ships in 4-7 weeks."

15. kitejumping

kitejumping Pen Pal - Newbie

Check out the get to know series 7 slate video on YouTube posted by samsung. It has the dimensions.

16. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone know if this has a keyboard/dock? I'm hating the lack of info.

17. Omniscaper

Omniscaper Pen Pal - Newbie

Ugh, and more to add to the confusion... the Microsoft Store changed the model number of their tablet from XE700T1A-A05 to XE700T1A-A04 which according to the Samsung press release is the 64gb version. Seeing that my invoice makes no mention of which model number I ordered, I contacted MS about it and they confirm my order was for the XE700T1A-A05.

Bait and switch? idk

This is very frustrating.

18. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

@alvarez13,

Same here. I placed my order for A03 model. I hope it has the dock and keyboard included for $1300. If not, I think it's really easy to return it through Amazon.

19. Omniscaper

Omniscaper Pen Pal - Newbie

Along with the model number switch the MS Store also included "Keyboard and dock not included" which coincides with the price point of Samsung's press release. 100 more for Windows 7 Pro plus a 100 dollar markup. VERY frustrating. The sales rep assured me I have the 128gb version.

Amazon is looking more and more like the better deal, since there is no tax for my state.

20. Smoke234

Smoke234 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered the A03 from Amazon. Delivery Estimate: November 16, 2011 - November 30, 2011

Right now the UK site lists the pen as a "digitizer pen". Does anyone know if its pressure sensitive and if it is what level? I am mainly interested in this as an art/3d device first. I think I saw one review saying that it was a "wacom digitizer" but since then I have not seen it mentioned. All the videos I've seen don't seem to show any true pressure sensitivity?