*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dgoodisi, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea, I have an android. But Im looking to upgrade the phone soon, because i "fixed" my gps by breaking it.

2. Laptopaddict

Laptopaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

What exactly is the lift issue ?

3. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. Kirkaiya

Kirkaiya Pen Pal - Newbie

I've actually never looked into "sharing" the GPS on my phone with another device before - never really had a need to. I've done tethering a lot (both with my Nexus One, and now with my Moto Atrix), to share the data connection, obviously. I'm guessing that somebody has an app to stream GPS data from an Android phone to Windows via bluetooth. I just don't want to go to the trouble of always needing to pull out my phone, turn on bluetooth, do the pairing, etc (ditto for sharing the 3G connection).

Somebody posted a link to a WinRumors article saying that Samsung will release a Win8 version of the S7S next year (S8S?) with integrated 3G+GPS+NFC. So hopefully they're just waiting for Microsoft to be done with the bits first ;-)

5. Kirkaiya

Kirkaiya Pen Pal - Newbie

A friend of mine at Microsoft told me about the grand opening of the Tysons Corner Microsoft store the day before yesterday - they had the 25% off purchases of over $1000, plus an additional 10% for a few hours (for "friends and family", so you might need to know a Microsoftie), so some people walked out with new S7S with free dock (128GB model) for $845 plus tax.... He was going to get me one, but I already bought a //build/ model on eBay.

Anyway - for people on the East Coast, the MSFT stores are opening up, it looks like. If you're near Washington DC, Tyson's Corner still has the 25% off deal (according to my friend, who works in DC). I'm in Thailand, which makes it all a moot point really...

6. serenia

serenia Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello from Canada! I ordered my A01 from Circuit City via Amazon and went down to the states to pick it up. Anyone other Canucks here?

This tablet is awesome. I had an EP121 for 8 months before some f*cktard stole it. I really liked the Asus, but the Samsung is basically an improvement in almost every way.

And for enquiring minds: the HP HDMI-VGA adaptor works perfectly with the slate (need a micro HDMI adaptor of course).

Also tried out WiDi. It works seamlessly with the D-Link Mainstage.

MOV06603.MPG - YouTube

Cheers

7. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

8. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you explain how to use WiDi?

I understand you'd hook the D-link mainstage to the TV, but do you need extra hardware/software ON the slate itself?

Also, is WiDi a direct connection between the PC and the TV, a la Bluetooth. Or does the data have to go through a wireless router?

9. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

my S/N was previously posted but is not listed correctly on the summary. It is a "BB" with an "X" at the end.

10. serenia

serenia Pen Pal - Newbie

Intel's wireless display needs two things: a computer capable/preinstalled with Widi and software (such as our slate), and a receiver. The receiver connects wirelessly to the computer, and outputs directly to the display (via HDMI etc.).

No extra hardware or software for the slate, it's ready to go out of the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.