*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dgoodisi, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Any screen bevel issues for you James?

2. MsHappy

MsHappy Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think it's the right AC adapter you just ordered. I measured the original one and the pin definately is not 5mm outside and 3 mm inside. I found some other ones named the same but with other dimensions e.g. here. Those seem to fit better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

If you look on the AC Adapter - it has several model/part numbers - PA-1400-14, AA-PA2N40S, AD-4019P.

What's odd is that the online stores list different plug sizes for the parts with these model numbers...

Still looking for someone to order and receive one and then verify it works with their slate and dock.

4. VegasPat73

VegasPat73 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm... well I'll report the verdict when it comes in.

5. Hardcore73

Hardcore73 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine does not have the screen lifting off issue.

6. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

A tiny raise in the bottom corners, but not really. Not like what others are saying.

Just going to contact samsung and the ms store for some sort of replacement guarantee should it pop up. I don't think it will. Seems I've dodged the 3 bullets - no stuck pixels, no capacitive freakout when pressure is applied to the back, and no loose screen bevel.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as solid as iPad 2. For me, the benefits of this device for art justify overlooking that. Plus, this is my first pc. No offense to any team players but I expected a downgrade in build quality. Macs better have a damn superior build for what they charge!

However, I think this little guy will fit in just fine with the shiny aluminum, which was a concern. Had no problems sharing files over the network, and half of the art software licenses are mac/pc. W7 has been pleasant. Easy nav, neat features and great pen support.

Anyways, I'll definitely post if problems with the screen bevel or samsung/ms support arise.

7. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, they may want to wait until artist's don't have to download a competitors drivers to get pressure sensitivity to work in many graphics apps. *laugh*

But otherwise, yes, I agree wholeheartedly. I've been running around like a crazy chicken squawking to all my digital artist friends.

8. Kirkaiya

Kirkaiya Pen Pal - Newbie

Possibly not of interest to most, but I found the model number being sold domestically inside Korea, and downloaded the user manual for that (which also includes the "SIM card slot, (Optional)" on the front/back/sides view on page 5 of the manual.. The Korean model number is XQ700T1A, which is pretty close to the US one. It's identical as far as the hardware/software goes, with one interesting exception - in the section on the display, they show the "advanced" Windows display properties dialog box.

And, it says "Nvidia Default Flat Panel", in English (the dialog box and Windows UI are all in Korean, of course). Not sure if that means the Korean one is sporting an Nvidia mobile GPU or what.

Anyway, for anyone who knows Korean, or is patient with Google Translate, you can get to the Samsung support page at:
    http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/...A02/C&prd_mdl_name=XQ701T1A&srchword=XQ701T1A

9. Xzorxur

Xzorxur Pen Pal - Newbie

I measured the Dock last night. Folded it's about 4" by 4.5" and 5/8ths of an inch tall.

10. mgs9500

mgs9500 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    Could someone please confirm that this keyboard will work with a Win 7 laptop.
    It is listed as IPAD compatible which often means it only will work with a MacOS system.

thank you

On the missing keyboard and stand (and case) issue:
    As I won’t be able to get the dock and the keyboard that easily in Europe (at least for a while), I did some research on fitting products. I found this Logitch keyboard (always very nice building quality), which even has a case to protect it. As this wouldn’t be enough you can also use the case as a stand. The only problem is that it’s made especially for the iPad. As I’m typing on it right now you can see this isn’t a problem at all. You even have windows keys and some other special function keys e.g. for volume control or search work as well. The only key I’m definitely missing is the “Del” one. But I should be able to get used to that. On the esthetics: It looks amazingly good with the S7S (even better than in the combination with an iPad) as it’s the exact same size as the Slate. For the case I can recommend this MacBook Air one, which fits just perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.