*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's an old device and Fujitsu almost left the market (and certainly don't have anywhere near the presence they used to). The regulars (of the few there are) have all moved on. The T902 was a good device but it wasn't good enough to last a legacy one.

I don't know about the screen protector. I don't recall it having one. Anyway, hopefully commenting will push this up the forums a bit so someone notices it.

2. Ramonsterator

Ramonsterator Pen Pal - Newbie

Same factory screen protectors are applied to T732/T734/T725/T726 transformers and Q702 tablets, seen it myself.
    Thanks. Maybe someone will answer. Cause I've got very nice T902 but alot scratched protector at one place

3. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

I have two T902's and theyre great, bought docking station with displayport that can output 4k (in 30hz tho).Its hard to find equally powerful machine with stylus and price.Im still checking auctions to buy cheap 3rd one when ill get the chance, love them.
    All the technology is behind the screen, id say you can rty disassembling it but id test first , there are websites about removing screen protectors from monitors with pics step by step, i think t902's are quite cheap now , about 150euro mostly and you can buy screens/parts.for like 50 euros
    Is it really that bad tho? Post some pics.
    Also im using smooth screen protectors on both, so screens are like brand new.They will be scratched after one year of drawing , i had that happen with Lenovo X201 and it horrified me, so i slapped protectors on both and just got used to glassy surface, i have also matte protector but i dont want to use it as i feel it would dull the colors too much.
    Good thing about applying these protectors is that if you mess up and trap dirt/whatever between it and screen then you can remove it, wash with water and soap then try again and again, i did that like 10 times in a row until it was perfect.

4. Ramonsterator

Ramonsterator Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply. But factory screen protector is sticked pretty good, and it's really scratched
    Capture+_2021-06-24-01-42-14.png

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...can T902 factory antiglare screen protector be removed?..>>

@Ramonsterator : I have purposely held back, thinking that someone more familiar with the T902 would be able to give you a good answer to your question. So far, I'm not sure I've seen one, so I'm going to offer my own take. Understand that this is based on my own experience with factory-applied matte screen protectors, but not with the T902 specifically.

My experience is that yes, the factory SP can usually be removed, BUT you will most likely be left with a layer of sticky silicone adhesive on the glass screen cover. There are a couple of qualifications to this statement. First, this assumes that the edges of the factory SP are exposed around the edges of the display. I do not know if this is the case for the T902 (perhaps another member can answer this). Second, I cannot guarantee that you will be able to get the entire SP off if it tears while you are peeling it off. If the SP is badly scratched, as you say, one of those scratches could easily start a tear. Third, I do not know if the adhesive can be removed from the display cover (the glass) using one of those commercial solvents like "Goo Gone," a xylene solvent. If it can, then you should be able to apply another SP (and removing it in the future will not be a problem).

If you can lift an edge of the SP, then carefully work up one edge until it is free. Then start peeling the SP across the screen by trying to grip as much of the edge as you can and gently pulling. Don't rush it.

Hope this helps you; good luck...

6. 2blackbar

Id personally just buy another screenfomr some broken t902, theyre sold with chasis/bezel and all, and swap them out.
    I would only attemt this( protector removal) if i would have spare screen anyway...
    As for the sticky stuff, 99% alcohol removes it.
    Silicone, fresh one is dissolved in naphta, i did that dozens of times, that is if its really silicone.should help.Then remove naphta with alcohol.

7. 2blackbar

Hey Guys, this is the inside of t902, and heres how wifi looks like, do you think i can connect EGPU with mini pcie if i remove wifi ? Also how i would have to keep the cable fro the inside to go outside and still be able to close the laptop normally[​IMG]

Oh man, really a hole ?