*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys. I finally received some 3-4g modems.

And found something similar to the comments here.

Changed factory modem on my t902 for another sierra generic ones. And they all work fine. So, no whitelist at all.

I also have another t902 with modem slot but no factory modem installed. Tried and didnt recognized any modem at all.

I guess I need to do the dmi reset thing.

I wonder why this happen. I even used the modem slot on this tablets for msata ssd and worked fine. But modem is a no go. They dont show at all on windows and bios doesnt have any wwan option.

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought second t902 cause i love this machine, got them both cheap in pristine screen condition because sellers thought the units were faulty because buttons under screen did not work... lol , 120 for first and 50 euro for second one.
    Anyone tried to output HD 1920x1200 to external monitor with SVGA or HDMI? Which works better?
    Also did anyone tried output 4k ? It is possible with intel 4000 HD but requires some work and custom resolutions to be made.

stoneseeker and JoeS like this.
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

If you manage to push out 4K with this machine even just for a desktop image I would be so impressed! The weakness of this machine is definitely its onboard GPU in my mind... or at least the way thermals go out the window when you need to do GPU intensive tasks. Cool to hear you got a second one so cheap!

4. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

YEah if it onlu would be in 1920x1080 i would be super happy with it, 1600x900 isnt bad but 1080 is a standard and i edit hd videos.
    To output with displayport i would need docking station, because we only have hdmi socket, docking station has display port which supports 4k
    "The Intel 4000 is capable of 2560x1600 resolution. 4k is higher than that, so in going with a no (edit: 11/29/17 make that a maybe).

4400 and 4600 will achieve 4k out of the box without any fuss.

EDIT: It appears there are some reports of people achieving 4k with HD 4000 under windows 10. Unfortunately, Intel’s site isn’t very clear and depending on your machine, it may take some tweaking to achieve. It’s possible that the limitation may be the type of video port used."

"HD 4000 outputs 3840x2160 perfectly but it was very difficult and frustrating getting it to work. (Seeing it now brings tears to my eyes!)" LOL
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...onitors-2560x1440-with-intel-hd-4000.1451549/

ID have to hunt down docking station, thres lots of them for sale but only one is compatible with t902
    Well, if its true that 2560x1440 can be achieved with HDMI then ill check that out, just need to buy better monitor
    And by the way, i bought T902 mostly because of Your recommendations on forums , so thanks !
    IS it a huge difference between your other tablets ? I mean resolution... does 2560x1440 makes a difference or its mostly physical size 12'' vs lets say 16'' will make more difference.Im drawing on galaxy note 3 and its higher res than fujit902 ( 1920x1080)but i dont think it matters at all, at least i dont feel it matters, if i wouldnt know the specs and numbers , its like not important that much, so im wondering maybes its the physical size.
    But then note 3 is a smartphone with much smaller screen but i zoomi in/out a lot and i dont miss big screen, but i didnt tried to trace anything big on it yet like i do on T902...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I agree, the resolution is fairly low by today's standards, though at the time it released it was better than average which was still 12" 1280 x 720 most of the time on tabletPC's.

I think resolution matters as much as screen size, but in the current market, screen size is harder to come by. 1080p is fine for most art related drawing and painting tasks.. I use a Cintiq 22HDtouch (1080p) for all my professional work now, and although I look forward to eventually drawing on 4K screen, its perfectly fine for my needs as is. THe 13.3" T902 screen is slightly larger than many older machines and has a that advantage yea. I think it hits a lot of sweet spots that very few older machines hit for the kind of money you can buy it at. To get a better convertible drawing experience requires paying waaaaay more now, and options are still slim in the 13"+ category. I do wish it had 1080p though! However for the first few years I owned it I did ALL my After Effects, Flash and background painting work on just the T902 and it did everything fantastic for the time. I wouldn't want to edit complicated 4K FX on it, but it could handle huge photoshop files quite well.