*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Neko2 T902 is actually faster CPU-wise, can take more RAM and SSDs inside, whereas T904 has better GPU on paper (single channel RAM design means that in reality the difference won't be as pronounced), and WQHD display option (FHD is not spectacular and not that far from 1600x900 of T902). Also, there were reports of T904's hinge being less reliable. Bottom line, it all boils down to personal preference, what characteristics do you value more in the machine.

2. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone has all the t902 bios?

On fujitsu website only the latest one is available (2.14)

Thanks.

Edit. I found them. You have to search on fujitsu website.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. trihy

Anyone tried a different wwan moden from mc8355?

I would like to upgrade to a 4G module. There is any 4G module that works on t902?

4. Starlight5

@trihy what LTE bands does your carrier use?

trihy likes this.
  5. trihy

Hi. I need mostly Band 4 (1700-AWS) and Band 28 (APT700*)

At&t bands are fine for me too.

Im not sure if fujitsu sierra wireless EM7355 or any other fujitsu 4G module works on ours t902. On fujitsu website is listed for t734. And I think its a pcie module. T902 uses msata, so it could be mc7355.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Starlight5 likes this.
  6. Starlight5

@trihy any minipcie module should work, as far as I know Fujitsu did not whitelist WWAN on T902. newer m.2 modules will work in an adapter if it fits height-wise, but will also require antenna adapters. If you really can be satisfied by MC7355, it costs mere $17. Just make sure you double check the bands. Sierra Wireless official documentation does not include MC7355 for some reason; they do include MC7354 but it's a different, much more expensive module.

trihy likes this.
  7. trihy

Hi. Thanks. Didnt knew about no whitelist on t902. Will have to give it a try.

Do you know if there is any really better 4g modem?

I would like to buy one with gps too, like the one I have (mc8355). But gps doesnt seem to be "clean" to the OS. Im not sure if apps could see it.

Not sure if it will be different on mc7355. Looks like a nice replacement.

Maybe newer ones are better and completely driven by windows instead of sierra watcher.

If they are more or less the same, Ill go for the cheapest one. If some module has advantages from that point of view, I could spend a little more.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Starlight5

@trihy I sadly can't give you 100% guarantee T902 has no whitelist, but like 95% it doesn't. Best miniPCIE modem AFAIK is MC7455 but it costs an arm and leg. I personally use EM7455, which should be the same as its MC counterpart but in m.2 form-factor, and it's good. But again, it's unreasonably expensive, especially for older machine like T902. In my opinion, you should get the cheapest Qualcomm-based modem that fits your carrier bands; the difference between different Qualcomm* LTE modems is not something you'll notice in the real world (they all perform well below theoretical speeds - it's wireless, after all) - but you should notice the difference between LTE modem and your current HSPA+ MC8355 however.

* you may get a lot of driver problems with LTE modems based on chips of different brands e.g. Intel. Stick with QCA.

trihy likes this.
  9. trihy

Hi. Thanks. I guess Ill try a mc7355. I just want to have 4g support, but no need for extreme speeds.

There is little to no info about t902 whitelist. So I ll have to try :D

BTW I read about fujitsu difs tool or something like that.

In a post you said it unlock some bios features. May I know any of them? Any interesting feature like cpu or gpu clock or voltage control?

Thanks.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Starlight5

@trihy TL;DR no useful BIOS features, avoid if everything is working as is, use with caution.

I only used DIFS tool on my T734. It didn't recognize my EM8805 or some other HSDPA modem despite it was Fujitsu-branded, so I had no other choice. I just reset dmi settings with it. As a result the modem was recognized, and I got (useless ) additional BIOS entries like secure erase, but also Smartcard Systemlock got activated and I could no longer use the Expresscard slot for Expresscard-USB3.0 or TV Tuner or eGPU. I didn't have compatible Smartcard reader to try resolving this issue, and next owner of that T734 didn't care at all. Should be noted I did try Lenovo-branded MC8355 in that T734 (with T732 WWAN minipcie sub-board) and it worked just fine, confirming there should not be any whitelist.

trihy likes this.