*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master Pen Pal - Newbie

So I have this "new" T901 in excellent condition and it seems my problems have gone away! It's odd because this SSD would cause crashes in one laptop but not the other, while the other could run the hybrid drive just fine. Windows 10 makes one of them crash though. However the newest one has no problems from what I can see. :)

Quick question. You guys said this unit supports up to 16 gb ram? I have two 8gb sticks in here and it only reads it as 8gb ram for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Tha C-Master do you have the latest BIOS? Compare BIOS versions between two T901's. Also, check that you fully inserted both sticks.

Tha C-Master likes this.
  3. Tha C-Master

I have the one updated from Fujitsu. I know I had a hard time pressing those sticks in so one might not be in all of the way.

They're both in. Now what BIOS should I have since the ram doesn't add up on any of my machines.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Starlight5

@Tha C-Master make a photo of the RAM sticks you have from both sides.

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

@Tha C-Master What model RAM do you have in the T901? It won't take low voltage RAM. It needs to be able to run at 1.5V.

Also, check the slots themselves. Put in one 8GB RAM at a time in each slot. That way, you can narrow the problem down to either a RAM stick or a RAM slot.

My T901 ran at 16GB RAM for years, so it definitely takes 16GB.

Starlight5 and Tha C-Master like this.
  6. Tha C-Master

Yea I was reading your post about it before. I tried the DDR3L and I've run the 1.35V for years. I've only done it up to 8gb though.

It will read 8gb, but not the full 16gb. Maybe your bios is different (version or config)?

7. Starlight5

@Tha C-Master if you have high density RAM (8 chips total on both sides instead of 16 chips, on one or both modules) it has compatibility issues and causes the problem you described. All DDR3L 1.35V RAM can work at 1.5V just fine, to my knowledge.

8. Tha C-Master

Ah, that might be it then. Haha it's always something I didn't notice.

Anyways I'm still getting the eye burning issue. Not like I did on the other ones, but it's noticeable when I'm drawing and it's really irrittating. I'm almost ready to just give up.

The only options I can really entertain at this point is the HP Zbook x2. I looked at the Surface book and it still seemed to be irritating and I've heard complaints about the pen.

The Z book x2 is EMR, but I hear that the battery life isn't great. It seems like a great machine. I just wish I could test one first before making a purchase. I don't want to do a lot of returns as it makes your account look bad.

I might just get an Intuous. I know it's harder, but it's great because I can use it on ANY computer including my desktop which is very appealing. I learn pretty fast and it may turn out to be what I needed all along. It's also cheaper.

9. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

I was having windows freeze problems from time to time when using msata ssd on msata slot. But not when using the same ssd msata on normal hdd/sata slot, with an adapter.

A week ago I updated to latest bios, put the msata ssd back on the msata port and still cant reproduce the problem. So maybe was bios related.

Was using bios 2.13, now 2.14

Starlight5 and Tha C-Master like this.
  10. coolyboy

coolyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone still uses T734 i7 4702mq. I like your feedback and if anyone would know the comparison with T902 I7 3540 model.
    Currently running I7 3540m on the T902 with msata drive and 2 batteries, operating on window 10.