*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Tha C-Master you indeed need 2x 8GB sticks.

You should consider getting a second battery for T901 if you didn't already. T901 has smaller main battery than e.g. T902, but second battery is about 2/3 capacity of main (whereas it is ~1/3 for T902 and newer T7XX), pushing total battery capacity over 100Wh - that way you'll finally achieve respectable battery life.

You can use m.2 SATA drives in T901 with a simple adapter. I suggest this adapter - while not the cheapest, neither SSD nor the adapter itself will wobble.

Tha C-Master likes this.
  2. Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh I have like 9 or 10 batteries. I bought them way back when you could get them in bundles for $45 or so! Now they are like $80 or $90 for just one. I have the extra DVD and hard drive adapter. This machine is really useful!

In the past I would simply swap the batteries out again and again. When I was doing some typing at a basic gun class. I went through 6 batteries in 6 hours. That said I had my batteries running 80% capacity which makes a huge difference. The last 10% of the battery charges much slower but lasts much longer. When I had the battery to 80% I was running it to 20%. Now I don't need to run it that low.

I did lose some of those clamps on my big battery though. I haven't swapped them out all of the time like I used to, so I might just tape them on and use them for a while. If I can get a full day out of it, I'll be fine as I can charge it in my sleep. I'd rather have to replace them sooner and have good battery life than to keep charging all of the time.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Starlight5

Something is very off. How healthy your batteries are? powercfg /batteryreport typed in powershell/command prompt in creates a detailed report in Windows 10, not sure about older OS.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Tha C-Master likes this.
  4. Tha C-Master

Some of them have more cycles on them based on the battery viewer I was using. I was thinking of getting some new ones actually.

I got some new main batteries but the clips broke on them. I can still tape it though if it lasts all day. I just did a power -cfg test (windows 7) and it said something about like 3 signs and 6 warnings.

Now my laptop is starting to turn off randomly. I hit my wifi switch and it turned off abruptly. I hope it's not a driver issue. I remember the last time this happened my laptop died off.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  5. Starlight5

@Tha C-Master what full charge capacities in Wh do the batteries show, and how it relates to design capacities?

Tha C-Master likes this.
  6. Tha C-Master

It basically said something like I was using some programs I didn't need. Which I was going to stop steam from auto starting.

That said since I charge it to 100% now I see a huge improvement. I tried running the newer model at 80% charge and it burned out fast too. That last 20% makes a huge difference due to how batteries work.

This is how I remember it being when I first had it.

7. Tha C-Master

Now I have a really funny story.

I had a Fujitsu T901 3 years ago. It eventually "died" and would not turn on (before that it would intermittently turn off). I got this current one to replace it.

Just yesterday I found one online for cheap and I got that one as a backup. Now I was messing with my old one that died, and voila! It turns on. Looks like I'll have 3 now. I'll probably get rid of one of them though. I think the fan might just need to be cleaned or something. That's usually the cause of these intermittent turn offs.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Tha C-Master

Okay I'm getting these random restarts for some reason. I don't know if it's a driver issue. I cleaned out the fan and changed the sleep/hibernation settings. Unless it's a driver issue.

Has anybody else experienced this with this unit?

9. Starlight5

@Tha C-Master my T901 was getting random shutdowns so I had to return it, after fruitless extended troubleshooting.
    That looks like very used up, or miscalibrated batteries.

Tha C-Master likes this.
  10. Tha C-Master

I checked the usage and it says the cycles are low on them.

Some are much older though so it might be the case with them.

Has anyone had a lot of shutdowns with the t902?

Starlight5 likes this.