*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

I meant in the even where you want to use an mSATA to be the OS drive, & put a large capacity hdd in the 2.5 bay....

2. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

I have two T902 and both have suffered (slightly different) disastrous consequences of a recent Win10 update (probably 1803). One problem that they have in common is they no longer rotate the screen image when the display is changed from laptop to tablet. On one, the tablet Autorotate On/Off button works - at least it pops a notification that it's On or Off - but does nothing. On the other, there's not even the notification (but I may have turned notification off somewhere in group policies). On top of that, I can't find any Fujitsu utilities in either system.

For the moment, on my disabled daughter's machine used as her voice-output computer I have re-loaded the system from an old image or she would be "gagged". I do need a real solution, however. Any ideas?

3. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

4. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Mea colpa. I had used O&O ShutUp10 to disactivate many Windows "features" that interfere with my daughter's system and, without thinking about it, had turned off the position sensor. Reactivated and all is welll.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    stoneseeker and Starlight5 like this.
  5. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi. Wonder if can be bios related?

My t902 came with an old bios that wont detect any m-sata at all. Updated to the latest and m-sata was detected, but having this problem that windows stop responding from time to time until screen goes black.

I buyed a m-sata to sata adapter and put the m-sata ssd into the adapter, then on HDD/SSD 2.5 t902 bay and works pretty fine. Tested for 15 days with no problem. Put the m-sata sdd back to the m-sata port again and after 1 day, windows stopped responding and black screen. Went back to msata-sata adapter, everything fine.

I found a little difficult to be the m-sata port faulty. Probably something was blocked with new bios? Seems to be pretty recent bios (2017). And couldnt find a way to flash a previous one.

Maybe some m-sata pin must be covered?

BTW, my t902 seems to be a non wwan version, I cant find any SIM slot on battery bay. But still has a working m-sata port.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone run their OS off an mSATA ssd drive? Any troubles doing a fresh install this way? Trying to decide between mSATA or 2.5 for the main drive... the advantage of running the OS from the mSATA is that it would free up the 2.5 drive for a large disc drive...

7. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@uJitsu make sure to remove all other drives from the system while installing Windows on mSATA, otherwise it'll almost certainly try to put its bootloader on 2.5" drive.

8. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

9. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding a fresh Win764 installation... Are there any of the recommended drivers from Fujitsu you guys have skipped? Any recommendations besides just re-installing all the drivers? Fujitsu provides a driver software manager which I was planning on using instead of dl-ing all drivers individually, has the software manager worked well for anyone that has used it?

10. Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a few questions as I was deciding on a T902. As has been discussed from what I've read it's really hard to find something that tops this in regards to drawing. I currently have a T901, but it doesn't seem to run as long and I seem to spend more time charging it than running it. I went through 6 batteries in 6 hours simply taking notes on word with no wifi and low brightness! I was trying to upgrade to something more modern with better battery life and just more up to date. However I found that the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro and the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 and the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen gave me horrible eye strain and headaches.

It seems like the older units work best. However I don't want to get something else and then have more issues.

My plan was to install a 2tb SSD (I already have it left over) along with 16 GB of ram. I wanted to max out everything. I made sure to look for the newer model (with 3430m CPU) to help against the pen glitch and I'm aware of the fan problem.

I have a few questions.

1. Would this be better on Windows 7 or Windows 10? I heard some people have issues with Windows 10 and drawing and from what I've seen it can be odd at times. Not to mention that it seems to cause eye strain for me at times with certain setups/scaling. On the other hand Windows 7 will eventually lose support which is something I'm aware of.

2. How is the battery life? The batteries are getting pricy which is another reason i wanted something newer. I can score a Fujistu cheap, but dropping $80-$100 on batteries only to have them die so fast is bothersome. I currently have 6 or so batteries to keep on me just in case and I don't want to have to do it anymore.

3. How is this device for gaming? I don't mean heavy stuff but for really old games like Baldur's Gate or something of the like? can it handle them better than the T901? If I have the T901 what would be my incentive to go to the T902? I know it has a larger res, but is there anything else major I should take note of?