*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

2. coolyboy

coolyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Played around the T902 last night to finally able to boot it in the msata... try it twice and work both times. If anyone interested. Getting a window 10 and Rufus into an 8gb USB drive. The option needs to be on MBR partition scheme for UEFI option. It will change the startup boot up to normal boot on msconfig. DON'T change to normal booting. I used all driver from windows 10 64 bits. but I change the windows 7 on the extension driver to get all the button to work. When asked for extension driver to install, it requires you to download and install a few software. Not don't use my 2.5 SSD anymore. just msata and it is much faster.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone can post a picture of the wwan connector area?

Im using a msata and windows stop responding from time to time. There are 2 or 3 black little square components near the msata screws. Mine has only two. Looks like one has removed?

Thanks

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

here ya go.
    T902 empty WWAN.jpg

looks like there should be 3 little black squares. Not sure how important they are... resistors maybe? If your having issues and you only have 2, seems reasonable to suspect the missing box.

5. trihy

Hi. Thanks!

Yes, mine is missing the one in the middle. Not sure what they are. Will ask for a refund.

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...resistors maybe?..>>

...They're marked for polarity which suggests that they are capacitors. Could be filter caps.

Regarding two caps versus three, it's not uncommon to have vacant pads on a circuitboard. Sometimes, the board gets an updated part on it that makes another component, like one of these caps, unnecessary. So they just leave it off. If the pads are clean (no solder or other evidence that the pads were used), then it's likely that the cap wasn't needed and was never installed. (Note, however, that is just a guess based on experience with circuitboard design...)

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. trihy

Yes, could be a revision. But in this case, pads are covered by solder. I guess it was manipulated somehow.

When using msata windows works fine, but after a while it gets compltely unresponsive, I have to turn it off holding power button. I suspect is related to msata port not working properly.

Not sure if the missing cap could cause that, maybe it has other missing stuff.

8. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

For anyone that has installed at one point or another both a 5400/7200 rpm hard drive for their T902...any notable performance / noise differences?

9. coolyboy

It will be better to install a 64gb ssd msata then using the 2.5 hd space for back up .. It will help speed up the computer.

10. coolyboy

Mine is missing the middle. But functioning ok.