*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Romel

Romel Pen Pal - Newbie

Starlight5 - Thanks for the answer!

2. RTL

RTL Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to thank you for the advice - I have to go to device manager - select the PS2/mouse driver and manually change to Synaptic PS/2 Port compatible touchpad driver and voila! two finger scrolling works perfection and the Synaptic control panel showed up under mouse in the control panel.

monkey13 likes this.
  3. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought T902 and im really glad i did so far but i had some bad experience with win10 on it, after installing win7 its great !
    I had previously thinkpad x230 and my settings saved on it and worked nice, its almost the same specs but smaller screen so when i got T902 then it was win10 preinstalled and i tried various drivers because i had this strange issue with pen laggin/jumping half second after i start drawing line in some drawing softwares (not all of them were affected) and it was really irritating, small sudden stop and cursor/circle jumped tiny bit to chase my pen, i knew that something was wrong, maybe its microsoft ink and crap or something else but i did a test, i swapped HDD with Win7 from my x230 and VOILLA ! It worked amazing right from get go without any werid issues with pen jumping .
    So i have win7 on it and i do not recommend to install win10 on this machine, i noticed that touch works better on win10 and pen works worse, in win7 touch works a bit worse ( i mean not bad at all but its a bit less sensitive and less precise on win7)but pen works fantastic.
    I had experience with x201 thinkpad and T901 fujitsu and t901 was a bit letdown for me , x201 had a bit not enough horsepower for some drawing software, also edge accuracy on all of them incluing x230 wasnt something of a problem like some guys here tend to make of it, sure there was a bit accuracy issue but doesnt really matter that much, just dont draw near edges, sometimes its harder to click on menus but im using toolbar creator and im super happy with it.
    I got it for 140 british pounds (!) while i bought x230 for almost 200 pounds and its perfect condition without scratches and looks brand new, finally after year of hunting for it i got it and im selling my x230 but its also great machine, ive seen people complaining aboyut its uneven legs and bulky battery but that wasnt really an issue in anything i did(drawing animating and normal use) Maybe location of power cord was a bit unfortunate for drawing on my lap.
    Anyway sorry for my excitment but im happy that im one of T902 users, i know that most recent machines with similar horsepower cost 4x as much its really the best of its kind for its time and its still great, even some games like GTAIV , Crysis or Sleeping Dogs are super playable on it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Wacom drivers for older machines are broken. Windows default driver works great, but you loose legacy software support. You should be able to run GTA V on T902 on minimum settings with shadows disabled completely, let me know if you need assistance with this.

5. 2blackbar

Great to hear, i might try to run hitman absolution on it, im toying around with pressure curve tool and i noticed it work differently on newest drivers than on older ones, its much more sensitive with new ones, i have ISD_DualTouch v7.2.0-10 currently and works fine, what drivers version do you guys have ? I tried ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47 but it was strange and didnt work with touch.Im rying to get newest one while having most funcionality unbroken.

6. Starlight5

@2blackbar I personally don't have any Wacom **** installed on my EMR devices, they run much better without it. With Wacom drivers on Windows 10, I got either broken palm rejection (touch was overriding pen and not vice versa), or no touch at all. There was some Wacom driver version that gave me reasonably good pen experience, but it made touch much worse, particularly pinch-to-zoom was broken in Clip Studio Paint / Manga Studio, so I simply gave up on using Wacom drivers at all - and never did I regret my decision.

If you didn't nuke your 10 installation yet, I suggest trying the default Windows driver - you need to roll back driver until the digitizer is recognized as USB composite device instead of Wacom Device - it might solve all your problems.

7. 2blackbar

Yeah i figured you dont have it but maybe you knew what people use on win7, i did some searches and investigations/tests with win7 and touch sensitivity with screen protector and this is what i found out:
    - Intel software has these profiles that will turn off DVD drive when you go to tablet mode and put screen on keyboard, this will make the touch even less sensitive, i found out that in normal laptop mode i can move icons more easily , still quite hard but more easily than in tablet mode , so it might be software related issue.Disable them.
    - Left side of the screen is A LOT better at touch, when i keep my icons on right side and i try to move them then its much harder to do it than on the left side, its strange but definitely there is a difference between left and right side of the touch panel, maybe hardware related , maybe software i dont know, i do know that in win10 touch works very nice so it really might be software related issue and touch technically could work with screen protector, i just have to figure it out and pinpoint whats causing sensitivity loss and try to compensate for it, maybe some service packs were released and win7 touch was improved.
    For now i know i can use touch on my left side of the screen cause it kinda works there best.

8. Starlight5

@2blackbar Windows 7 is out of mainstream support since 2015. Meaning, no new features will be introduced, and users should be happy with security fixes (which will be provided till January 2020).

9. 2blackbar

Yeah but win 10 premiered in 2015, thats 3 years after t902 premiere , win7 should suport it very nicely but somehow touch sensitivity is better on win10, i suspect win7 touch is an afterthought not a real feature of OS.
    Anyway, i disabled bluetooth,fingerprint reader, ethernet and some other non used stuff in BIOS so they wont drag power and interfere with anything and im quite happy with touch and ISD_DualTouch_711-16 drivers.They have touch sensitivity a bit better than other drivers and curve modification tool for stylus works best in this version, very precise.

10. Starlight5

@2blackbar in my experience, 10 runs noticeably better than 7 on anything ranging from ancient Core 2 Duos to latest&greatest. YMMV.