*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Amos Storkey

Amos Storkey Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think I could go back to 1,366 x 768 even on a smaller screen.

I guess that VGA issue is peculiar to a few people like me. I do _lots_ of presentations in random places. I value not having to remember some dongle to connect, and my experience of everyone else is that they are constantly forgetting them causing headaches to meeting chairs and to themselves. I don't want to be that person, and know I would be if I needed to remember a dongle. I want to know my laptop will always work whatever.

But it looks likely I will have to lose that. It also looks likely I will have to leave Fujitsu behind. But there don't seem to be any even near-good replacements.

2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

@Amos Storkey You maybe want to wait for the T937.
    It has VGA again and likely a sturdier hinge.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Amos Storkey FWIW Toshiba Portege z20t also has VGA port. It features weaker Core M cpu, but has truely epic battery life. RAM is soldered, but you can upgrade storage (single m.2 SSD). There's an optional WWAN module if you need it. It has 12.5" FHD display with Wacom EMR.

4. iamg000

iamg000 Pen Pal - Newbie

how did you get the t902 boot from mSATA
    i installed a 850 evo, coped hdd to it. and it is not booting
    pleas help

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  5. nema.arpit

nema.arpit Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you running windows 7?
    To boot from the msata drive, you need to have an EFI capable OS. For windows 7, it is unlikely that the original install was UEFI capable. Windows 7 needs a few modifications to install media for UEFI installs.
    Even then, I am not sure just copying over the drive will be enough, you need a specially marked partition that the UEFI looks into to boot the OS.
    At the very least, remove the other drive(s) and try again.

6. iamg000

iamg000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ill try to do a clean win 10 install

7. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey can anyone help me?
    I've had a T902 since 2014, but the harddrive crashed a few days ago and none of the data was recoverable; so I bought and installed a new HD.
    Now I have a blank Windows 8 setup with none of the original Fujitsu drivers/programs.
    I've been trying to download the drivers from the fujitsu website but the computer doesn't recognize the file type . . .not sure what to do..

8. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

9. Newveau

Newveau Pen Pal - Newbie

So the T902 series works perfectly on windows 10? All the wacom pen drivers ect?
    My product key at the base of the laptop has rubbed off over the years so i can't upgrade it myself; but the computer technicians who fixed it said they'd be happy to install windows 10 on Monday.
    But I'd really like to make sure the computer functions the same as it did in Windows 7 before the upgrade . .
    I'm a professional illustrator so all the pen/screen drivers NEED to work well.
    cheers

10. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

You may want to go with an older Wacom pen driver, then. The newest versions have an odd bug on older EMR machines where the input gets stuck as modifier keys- like Control, or Control+Shift- which basically stops all input. It's automatic, just changes on its own, and it super sucked. It's possible that the very newest version has fixed the bug, as it's been around for quite a few months now. But if it doesn't, and you get this bug, downgrade the pen drivers. Early 7.3 versions, if you can find them, work fine. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact version number where I noticed the bug.