*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, that's what I've done.

2. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

were you able to boot to the msata from bios? I've read some people post that the msata drive does not show up in the bios...

3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I'm using the mSATA as main drive and the 2.5" HDD as additional storage.

4. tabletier

tabletier Pen Pal - Newbie

Great, Thanks!

5. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

T902black1.jpg T902black1.jpg

T902black2.jpg

With the rather sad news of the aquistion by Lenovo of the Fujitsu PC-business here comes a curiosity for us T902 fans, that I've heard of long ago and finally managed to find on an auction site: the black chassis T902, with a German KB. I found parts named "Projekt Nürnberger" listed on my Fujitsu dealer's site and I became curios. And I guess this is it! So don't wonder too much if you come across it on ebay or other sites, it's just the good old T902!

I don't inted any copyright infringement by posting the above pictures.

6. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting, Nürnberg, Germany is one of Fujtisu's locations. So I guess this was a small internal series, which never made it to market. Since there are some replacement parts for sale, maybe this one was distributed among employees and partners only.

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Its actually pretty sleek looking, though the light grey keys are an eyesore. Is it identical in every way? ie, does the pen glitch happen on this unit? I've always wondered if there was a magical manufacturing run of T902 that may have been spared some of the issues that plagued earlier units...

8. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I guess the light grey keys (or white to my eyes) follow the tradition of the earlier T-series models. I didn't buy it, as my old T902 still works perfectly, I've only noticed it and posted the pictures. It was sold rather cheap, for about 470 euro. The pen glitch happend to me rather rarely, but I only use it for annotations and some occasional drawing, nothing serious :)
    But I did buy a used Panasonic CF-C1 and something happens on that machine too. But in a slightly different way: you draw something somewhat fast, like repetitive circles, they appear on screen just as they've been drawn and when you lift the pen, half of your drawing is gone. Also the cursor jumps a bit (more like lags a bit or stutters) if you draw a lot continuously, without lifting the pen. Different Wacom implementations, but all plagued by some problems...

9. Amos Storkey

Amos Storkey Pen Pal - Newbie

T902 Replacement

Though I will hang on to my T902 as long as possible, there will no doubt come a time when it needs to be replaced. I cannot follow the Fujitsu line due to the dodgy hinge and lack of VGA, and the acquisition by lenovo puts the whole line on a dodgy footing.

So if I am ever forced to replace my T902, what should I replace it with? What have other previous T902 users gone for, and what are they happy/unhappy with? I basically want everything the T902 has but upgraded :). I am no fan of compromise, but know I will have to. So what is the best thing to give up on?

10. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

@Amos Storkey you'll definitely have to give up something. T726 is as close as possible but there is one major letdown - screen resolution. VGA - why do you need it on a laptop itself? If it's for a monitor, it is way better to have it on docking station - and for a projector, a USB to VGA dongle will do just fine.