*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, it's all completely solved. The Microsoft touch driver automatically installs upon restart as when I had initially installed Win8, it worked out of the box. The Wacom driver was the only other driver I had uninstalled, which can easily be reinstalled. It seems the only thing I did not have was the wacom firmware, which may have fixed the touch sensitivity.

As for the wonkiness with the calibration data, it seems you cannot calibrate both pen and touch together. At least for me, calibrating touch while the wacom pen was also installed caused the horrendous touch-input lunacy. For the sake of curiosity, I discovered that touch can only be calibrated if the pen is disabled. When I calibrated touch earlier, it didn't really need to be calibrated because it was working fine at this point. Since the option was there (and because I suffer from "I need to tinker with everything" syndrome), I decided to calibrate everything. That was a bad idea, but now I know why, so I'll just calibrate the pen whenever necessary.

As for the results of calibrating the touch with the pen uninstalled? Well, my recalibration apparently sucked because while it mostly worked, the charms-activation only worked on certain sections of the screen's border. This is probably because when I was prompted to calibrate, you have to estimate where to touch those same tiny spots that you're asked to touch when you calibrate the pen, so my touching these spots was probably less precise than what the default calibration already was set to.

All in all, I am happy this works. The sceen protector is great, I have better touch recognition than before (yes to dragging windows!), and now I can start messing with photoshop so I can see what this thing can do.

The help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  2. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

I got the box today :D waiting on the RAM from Newegg (tomorrow I think) and the Screen protectors from Photodon.

3. darkphantom

So right off the bat, they installed XP tablet -_-

So now I need to see if I want to install W8 64 bit AND W7 64bit or just go with W7 and do W8 at a later time. Who here is using W8 with their T902?

4. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I have Win 8 on mine. It works great for me but I'm not a business power user.

5. 3phemeral

I'm using Windows 8 also. Strange that they had such an old OS installed.

Now that I have my touch screen working with screen protector, I began dabbling with Photoshop. Let's just say it ended there. Does anyone have any experience with ultra slow tool changes?

Seems when I switch tools, Photoshop just stops responding for 10 seconds before it switches. Also, if i select the zoom tool, tapping on the canvas once causes it to zoom all the way to maximum percentage. Navigating the preference window was the same. When selecting categories, the program would just hang for several seconds.

Getting this thing to work is like hurdling. How many jumps do I have to do in order to make it to the finish line?

[edit] Just noticed something odd. Photoshop only hangs until the cursor moves down to the task bar. For some reason, taps are interpreted as me holding the pen down, and hovering the pen over to the task bar releases it. This explains why it wasn't drawing anything. It only detects the initial press and thinks I'm holding it there. Moving it to the task bar draws a straight line from the first point directly to where the cursor first made contact with the task bar.

Can these bugs get any stranger?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  6. 3phemeral

I've made a video of the problem for reference here.

You fix one thing, another problem occurs. Funny thing is that this did not happen prior to the screen-protector installation. Somehow, fixing those issues resulted in this issue. It's almost as if these products are portable paradoxes. If anyone gets one of these things working absolutely perfectly, the universe will implode! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Jophish

Jophish Pen Pal - Newbie

Just picked up one of these from the fujitsu refurb store for an absurd price. Win 8 model, i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, backlit keyboard, Blu Ray, Extra Modular Bay Battery, Port Replicator.

For $1300.

Seriously, I'm in shock. Let's hope the manufacturer refurbished models are reliable. I've had no experience in buying refurbished laptops before. Regardless, I got a steal - the price I would have payed new is $3100. Very excited.

8. 3phemeral

Oh wow, it was YOU. lol I was keeping an eye on that auction and kicked myself for buying it on Amazon because of how cheap you got yours for. That's a ridiculous price! Congratulations!

9. darkphantom

Haha, congrats on the bid.

I actually am sad that the ONLY flaw I've found with the refurb I've bought is a dead pixel towards the middle-left of the screen.

Anyone know what Fujitsu's dead pixel policy is? I know their online auctions are non-refundable unless the item is DOA.

It isn't a deal breaker for me really, but just wondering...because now that I know it is there, how do I get rid of it?? lol...can I burn the pixel in or something?

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

IIRC, this is a common problem with Photoshop in WIndows 8, and I think was solved easily. Do a search around here, I think Surface Pro users and ATIV 700t users were talking about it and had a fix. Turning on or off something in the preferences...? Make sure press and hold to right click is turned off for pen as well.
    I'll post here if I find the posts about this issue.