*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. aermel

aermel Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I do this frequently. Observed funny pen curser behaviour, including me pointing to the 902 Screen and seeing the Cursor on the second Display, or seeing the Cursor on the 902 with a mirrored Location (which Looks really funny). I solved by using pen-tablet properties in the control Panel (I do not no the exact englisch Name as I use different language). Anyway the program allows to associate pen button functions, sensitivity of pen tip... and it has a calibrate Card.

On calibrate, you are able to choose the Display. I just choose on and the other, and escaped the calibrate process itself, however after that, the Cursor was always associated with pen Position. Please let us know if this helps you! Cheers...

2. Layeyes

Layeyes Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I tried that, but still offset. Im not too fond of Mirror it works fine with and have not off set cursor problems there. but it's only when I'm extended

I think It may have something to do with the screen resolutions. Although I maybe wrong on that I'm able to change the setting of screen resolution to match the T902 but it still comes off as the same result. I did check the Tablet Display options on the Control panel and I was able to choose only one of the screen to calibrate but the other has no calibration options I've notice that it's only off set at the top left corner and the closer I get to the top left the more it comes near the pen tip until it hits dead accurate when extremely near the corner. but further away it becomes more distant off setting towards the top left corner. I'm thinking it maybe that the initial calibrations could be off... (Im going to try that now.)

3. Zuberi

Zuberi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I am new to this forum. i have just purchased T902, Researching on this forum. very useful.
    Please, advise, how can i activate finder scanner. I have read user manual but of no avail.
    thank in anticipation
    regards
    Zuberi

4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else having problems with the newest Wacom Feel driver v7.2.0-4 ?
    Sometimes the pen stopps working while touchscreen remains functional. Somehow I think the driver is crashing because when the pen stopps working and I try to open the Wacom settings, it just opens a message saying that the driver is not running.
    The only way to get it back working I have to restart the system or disable and re-enable the 'wacom device' in device manager.

5. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm sorry to say that this has happened to me with the old official 7.1.x drivers. I didn't find a solution to it, it just seems to go away after some time. Last time it was after the Windows 8.0 to 8.1 update, but never since. And it happened on the first day I used the machine, too.

6. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Finally I returned my T902 to Fujitsu due to low level cyclic Fan Noise issue !! They refunded me most of the money!! I lost 300 euro in accessories!!!

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

yep, its happened to me only 3 times since it came out though. I just restart it from services.

8. UnderClock

UnderClock Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi T902 gurus,

After lurking this thread for some time, I only recently got myself a T902 (second hand, US-model) and also purchased separately a brand new S26391-F1187-L100 port replicator (with the power supply so the S26391-F1187-L110 set) from a seller on amazon.de (I am in Spain / Netherlands myself).

Everything is working fine (apart from often discussed cyclic fan on/off issue on zero load, but my fan is quite modest in loudness). I have installed all the Fujitsu drivers and software on top of a clean Windows 7 64bit US-English install. (This was before I got the port replicator, though). I even got the AuthenTec fingerprint reader working by installing software downloaded from the Lenovo site.

I do seem to have an issue with the four USB 3.0 ports on the port replicator. I wonder if anyone has ever run into this and knows how to resolve or knows steps how to further investigate.

On the port replicator the following ports work fine:
    • DVI port (I use a DVI->HDMI cable to connect to one of the HDMI ports on my AOC i2269Vwm IPS 21.5"monitor, because I already use the DP-port on the AOC for my Lenovo T420 from work).
    • Gigabit network UTP connector
    • Headphone out
    However, when I connect a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 device (I used 2 different external 2.5" HDDs):
    • The devices do get power (e.g. leds light up, drive starts spinning). This power is probably provided through the 80W power supply that came with the port replicator set.
    • BUT: drives / devices do not show up in Windows. So no drive letter is assigned, etc.
    Of course, if I do the same on one of the two USB 3.0 ports on the T902 itself, everything works normally and as expected.

So, resuming:
    • There is not an overall problem with the port replicator (most ports seem to work, although I have not tried the DisplayPort yet)
    • USB 3.0 is not totally absent from the system, just not working as expected on the port replicator. (as they work now, I could still use them to e.g. charge a phone.)
    I have checked the Device Manager, but nothing shows up as having driver issues (no yellow exclamation marks). I actually don't know what to look for, i.e. if the port replicator should show up there and under what name. I have expanded the USB section. Port Replicator users, does this look the same for your system?

20140525_T902_DeviceManager.jpg

Has anyone ever run into such a port replicator issue on the T902 or other Fujitsu notebook? Is it something that can be resolved? Could it be a software or driver issue? Is there some procedure that I can run to figure out what is going wrong?

The only related mentioning of this problem that I found was for a T900 (but no tips or solutions posted):
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/fujitsu/58380-fujitsu-t900-port-replicator-usb-not-working.html
    The poster suggests upgrading from 32bit to 64bit Windows could be related to the problem. However, since I now have 16GB memory in my T902, 32bit Windows is not an option to consider.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  9. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, never had such an issue with the replicator.

To me it sounds like there's maybe a pin on the port replicator/T902 from connector damaged or covered which is responsible for the usb connection.

Something to try:
    Open the device manager, go to view -> device by connection
    Then open the tree like in the screenshots below. When connected the port replicator you should be able to expand the 'USB-Root-Hub'.
    undocked.jpg docked.jpg

Though I don't know if there's a difference between Win7 and Win8 in the device manager.

Edit: I just read that the Intel HD 4000 (3rd gen) only supports DP 1.1, so no 4k support. That has drowned my plan to buy such a display :(
    https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. UnderClock

UnderClock Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just checked again (with magnifying glasses), both the T902 connector and the port replicator connection. Both look clean and intact. The previous owner did not use a port replicator though (AFAIK), so I don't know any history. Of course the T902 is older, so most suspect if this is caused by a (hardware) problem.

Thanks for the research. Mine always looks like this:
    20140525_T902_DeviceManager02.JPG
    Very strange.

Yes, 4K support requires quite a new graphic card, I presume. Have you considered using 2 x 1920x1080 displays instead? That would be one the HDMI port (T902) and one of the ports on the port replicator (e.g. Display Port). You could one horizontal and one vertical. I have such a setup for my work pc and it allows me to drag things around depending if it is wide content or high content, in addition to the built-in display, of course.
    This setup works quite well for me on my work pc.