*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I had my fan replaced too but the high pitched sound is still there, the click sound is gone but not high pitched whine. Did you get your laptop back? Any luck with a hopefully quieter experience after the replacement??

2. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Not yet.. It is still second business day... Earlier picked up service messed up..
    But my status shows
    If I am correct then they changed three parts.. Once I get my laptop back then only I will know the details..

3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yesterday I finished v2 of my stand & dock created out of LEGO (technics) for the T902, after v1 was a complete failure :D
    I'm already working on something like v2.5 because it's still not perfect.

The portreplicator system needed a much sturdier stand than my first try provided and also needed to be fixed to the stand.
    Designing that was a much harder task than the simple stand for my HP tx2500 with a dock connected via cable.

Because of the design of the port-rep and the outgoing connectors & cables it's not the most beautiful solution but it's practical ;)

Here are some pics, external 3.5" HDD has a place below the stand/dock:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And just for comparison some old pics of the tx2500:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and another one, inside of the port-rep (thought that I could integrate it better into the stand):
    [​IMG]

I hope this is maybe an inspiration for other ppl :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    stoneseeker, fuji and Tekn0 like this.
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

wow! Technic! Who woulda thought?
    I'm shocked lego is strong enough!

5. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone else have issues with Bluetooth? I thought it was a driver issue, but even after updating to the latest drivers, the Bluetooth range is severely limited. I can't go more than a foot away without either my headphones or a connected device from disconnecting/having connection issues. And trying to find anything about problems with bluetooth range via Google is nigh impossible. Can't seem to find anything here about anyone else having severely crippled Bluetooth range. Whenever I connect the same bluetooth headphones to any of my Android devices, I can literally walk 15-20 feet away without issue, but the T902 seems limited to a foot at the very most.

6. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Finally i received my notebook back!!!!!!!!
    Fujitsu service center replaced motherboard and fan. Now it is soooooooooo quite... I can only hear air pushing sound under very heavy load..... Now I am relieved otherwise I was worried about my investment... It really feels good to work on quite T902.... :)

The Fujitsu service center was really great... I am totally satisfied T902....

7. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I will have to take mine in I guess. Sigh, I have to remove all my personal data off the disk before giving it in.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Dude! So psyched for you.
    I guess that means mine is quiet after all! I was starting to think I must be deaf since I always felt my T902 was very quiet in normal scenarios. It turns on and off at strange intervals perhaps, but for the most part just sounds like air pushing around, so glad to hear your unit is fixed. That means we can recommend people return their units if the fan is too noisy.
    Enjoy your quiet new toy. This thing is a dependable beast for me, hope you get lots of use out of it too!

9. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I will be taking mine to the Fujitsu service center hopefully tomorrow. I hope they acknowledge the problem and fix it! My fingers crossed!

stoneseeker likes this.
  10. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

You need to persist on fixing the notebook though. I had mine repaired, too. But not much changed. So you gotta keep complaining until they install a fan that actually works.