*Official* Fujitsu T902 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2013.

1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok so here is a little tool I've created to disable & enable the touchscreen but leaving pen working.
    I think it should work on most touchscreen Win 8 devices, at least where the touchscreen has the class name "HID-compliant touch screen".
    It can disable and enable the touchscreen with the hotkey "Win + 1" or double click the tray icon.
    You can also set the "A" or "B" button on the bezel to send the "Win + 1" hotkey and so toggle the touchscreen.

Additional you'll need DevManView and place the .exe in "C:\Windows\System32".
    If your touchscreen has another name/ID or if you want to change the hotkey or path of DevManView (or don't trust my .exe ;) ) you'll need AutoHotkey.
    You can also place the "Touchscreen switch.exe" or .ahk into autostart so it'll be always aviable.

Download

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    stoneseeker and aermel like this.
  2. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

The vendor gave me a very high quote and expects me to pay using Paypal. Seems shady. I don't think I want to risk this… plus pay pals problematic here.

I know this is the wrong place to ask for this, but what do you guys feel about the Thinkpad Yoga as an alternative (for someone who is into drawing)? It is not nearly as replaceable as a Fujitsu but at least I can replace the HDD and battery. It costs me about a good 200 euros less and it's directly from Lenovo Shop and thus is very trustworthy.

3. aermel

aermel Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, off Topic, however, here is a list of things may be worth to check... but I think we want no discussion here.... ;)

- do you Need WWAN/SIM Support?
    - Ethernet connector?
    - Chance to buy a replacement battery or send in and wait? Carry second battery?
    - Wacom digitizer, i.e. Pen/Touch discrimination?
    - backlight Keyboard?
    - glossy/matte Display?
    - dock required?
    - which HDD? Replace/Upgrade?
    - USB ports? 3.0?

4. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I won't continue off-topic here. I'll continue my research on that independently.

5. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Some good news. Looks like the dealer will accept regular bank transfers. Said he'll send me the invoice tomorrow and will also include the "weight saver" modular bay for free! I thought the weight saver came with all T902s but he says it doesn't and that he is including it free... . So looks like I'm going with the T902. Wish me luck :)

Weight saver: http://www.kastl-gmbh.de/images/S26391-F1184-L100.jpg

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

weight saver comes free with North American purchase of T902, perhaps its different elsewhere but I doubt it. Also the dvd modular bay drive should be included free. Also, isn't paypal insured and safer to purchase with?? I would ask him to set up a private Ebay sale which is the safest way to do a transaction like this...

7. Tekn0

Tekn0 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no way to verify if the European purchases of t902 comes with the wright saver or not because this laptop seems to be fairly esoteric and not all that popular.. So not really much information on it. I really wonder why more artists are not using it.

Aermel I believe also bought his in Germany, perhaps he can state if he got a weight saver included for free.

Also, by DVD modular bay, do you mean the DVD drive? That is certainly I included as part of the laptop. But I will be removing it to save weight when travelling.

8. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello Tekn0, I bought mine at the shop you've linked for the weight saver (Kastl). It is what Fujitsu calls "Premium selection" (with a red easy to remove sticker) offered with good specs and a port rep with an extra AC brick. But NO weight saver! Sorry for that. However I find the 2nd bay battery more useful than a weight saver. It also gives the T902 a very solid feel. But if you want it very light...

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

looks like your seller isn't lying then. Strange that it comes standard in some countries. Anyway, if you can find a modular bay battery for when you really need more hours, I highly recommend it.

10. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

@Tekn0
    Did you buy from heinzsoft-shop.de - Computer, Notebooks, Tablets, Apple, Server & Software - Index I am also looking for T902 and this dealer is offering with QWERTY keyboard. Please let me know your shopping experience with this dealer.