*Official* Fujitsu T901 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by benjim, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Mak you'll have to use eGPU to circumvent that limitation, no other way around it.

2. Mak

Mak Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, Starlight5!

That's sad - I like both T901 and 4K monitors

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Mak sadly, it seems only T726 supports 4K output - and that is through port replicator.

4. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey all, for those with Windows 10 and the dual digitizer, did you find that installing the latest Wacom Feel Drivers causes the touch to stop working (but the pen still works)? Which drivers are you using, or did you just stick to the default Windows 10 pen support?

5. cnahm

cnahm Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm hoping someone here has a solution for an issue I'm having with my T901's drivers. I will start by saying that when I'm working in Adobe Illustrator, I use a peripheral Wacom Intuous 4 small tablet on the side to do my points/lines. The problem is that lately I can't get the driver for it updated on the T901 without corrupting the main digitizer driver on the computer. I have to go back and run troubleshooter on the harware/devices, let it find the main pen driver w/issue, fix it, and then pressure sensitivity returns. Unfortunately that then renders the Intuous non-functional. I know I've had them both working compatibly previously in the past, and I need both working together for my design projects. Does anyone here know how to get the drivers working together simultaneously?

Edit:
    This is a Windows 7 64-bit system.

Edit again:
    I think I have figured it out. I found older drivers for each, and they seem to be working together now.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

@cnahm, glad you figured it out. I had the same problem with a Bamboo tablet and had to downgrade tablet pc drivers all the way to 7.1.x. I complained to Wacom about it and they basically blew me off by claiming that nobody uses tablets that way. Ugh.

It definitely seems to be a pattern with their newer drivers, as I've heard that Cintiq drivers will also not work with Tablet PC drivers. I guess they don't want me buying their products.

7. cnahm

cnahm Pen Pal - Newbie

Heh, in a way sort of it is good to know I wasn't alone in that problem! It's a bit alarming though that one has to use such old drivers to keep it running correctly. I hope that down the road driver updates don't corrupt the two devices working together. I guess it'll be important to save the driver files on a backup drive.

Where exactly is the main T901's pen driver located, for future reference? The naming of the pen and touch human interface devices is a bit misleading...

8. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

"The naming of the pen and touch human interface devices is a bit misleading..." and Wacom has the habit of changing the names from one driver version to the next. I've had to "adjust" an AutoHotKey script to accommodate that.

9. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

So true. Every time I reinstall the driver, I have to redo my Tray Touch Toggle. It's so annoying.

If you want to find the exact device instance ID, you can use DevManView and enable/disable devices until you find the one that affects the pen and match that one up to what's in device manager. Me, I just uninstalled all the HID pens I saw when I set up Windows 10. Only then could I install the older Wacom driver and have it actually work.

Since you're still on Windows 7, I don't think driver updates will be an issue for you the way it is in Windows 10. But yeah, I'm definitely keeping an offline copy of the Wacom driver since apparently Wacom doesn't list older drivers anymore.

10. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I got a quad core to put in my T901! *insert dance gif of choice here* It's an i7-2720QM, replacing an i5-2520M. So there's a decent power boost.

I even remembered to do "before" benchmarks! I almost didn't, because I wanted that CPU in as soon as it arrived.

Here are the benchmarks I did for my i5-2520M, with what turned out to be fairly dried out Arctic Silver 5:
    • Cinebench: 131 cb
    • wPrime: 26.5s (32M) and 1158 (1024M)
    • CPU-Z: 149 (single), 528 (multi)
    • PCMark8: 2079 (home), 3907 (work)
    Here are the bench marks for the i7-2720QM with some fresh ICD7:
    • Cinebench: 372 cb
    • wPrime: 13.7s (32M) and 484.9 (1024M)
    • CPU-Z: 271 (single), 1232 (multi)
    • PCMark8: 2385 (home), 4240 (work)
    The benchmarks are pretty meaningless to me, and I wasn't sure which ones to do, so I just did a bunch. I can run more for the i7 if anyone wants me to.

Benchmarks aside, I can definitely feel the speed boost. Web browsing is snappier, which kind of pisses me off, because that's a glaring sign that yes, I do need a new machine eventually, I can't keep using the T901 forever. But the quad core should buy me some time to wait for a machine that I can fall in love with.

As for temperatures, well... I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't get a quad core for cooler temps. Maybe I just suck at pasting CPUs or maybe I just have too much background stuff going on, but my idle temps, while I'm on, are still in the ~50C range. The temps do drop to high 30s after the computer goes to sleep. I did see a bit of throttling during benchmarks, but not that much, which I'm fairly pleased with.

I'm not planning on pushing the quad core very hard, so burn out shouldn't be a problem.

My T901 has reached its ultimate form. :D The only thing left to upgrade is the wifi card, and maybe I'll do that at some point.

I'm gonna really miss this kind of thing when I move on from the T901. Upgrading components yourself is so satisfying. I hate that everything's so locked down nowadays.