*Official* Fujitsu T901 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by benjim, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

Which drivers were you struggling with in particular? At least a couple of us have been able to get Windows 8.1 running, albeit taking different paths. And as far as I know, we were all using drivers officially available from Fujitsu.

I think most 2.5" SATA SSD's should work. I am using an older Intel one. Are there a few that you had in mind?

alikocholo likes this.
  2. alikocholo

alikocholo Pen Pal - Newbie

hello
    in device manager i have yellow object " mass storage controller "

[​IMG]

about ssd
    you use sata2 ssd or sata3 ?
    fujitsu moderboard support sata3 ssd ?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

4. enosdan

enosdan Pen Pal - Newbie

If anyone's interested, here in Italy they're selling a couple of brand new T901 quite cheap.

I just bought an i3 with BlueDisc for 834 euro, which will soon host a new CPU, 16Gb of RAM and a worthy SSD.
    Amazing build quality! Only the low-res grainy screen is not on par with the rest. Anyone knows if it can be swapped while retaining the pen/touch functionality?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. cnahm

cnahm Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using my T901 a lot more recently, and decided to get some help to get SP1 to install (after a almost 2 years, yeehaw), because I want to be able to load Adobe design software (which requires SP1 for installation).

Anyway, my friend who is troubleshooting this pinned it down to a bad registry entry which is preventing the machine from accepting the SP1 install. I wonder if Fujitsu will help at all on this. Doubt it, since last time I tried to get their help with installing SP1 they basically told me "sorry, it's a Microsoft issue, we can't help"... Hopefully it'll be a better outcome this time.

Will update as I know more.

If they won't offer any support on the matter (again), my friend is going to do a re-load of the OS on a new SSD drive.

6. __-_-_-__

__-_-_-__ Pen Pal - Newbie

I've the same issue on win10.
    searching some strings shows
    \VEN_1217&DEV_8330&SUBSYS_16AE10CF&REV_05\4&d6997c8&0&02E7
    which is the "O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller" aka card reader, which you actually DON'T NEED to install for the system to read memory cards...

I don't know why the driver has 15mb.... the only difference I can see is the icon.

And there's an issue, when I execute the .exe everything goes normal but the driver error still appears
    BUT if you do it manually, extract the zip files, force the installation on device manager to search that folder, it installs the drivers without issues

7. Cohzaku

Cohzaku Pen Pal - Newbie

So, I finally got my beautiful T901.

Thus far I am liking it. I've installed Windows 8.1 and all the Windows 8 drivers in the right order. I've tried out the pen is basic applications, but I'm planning to install and try some more complex ones.

The issue though, is that even after installing all drivers, I'm only getting pen input as an option. No touch options whatsoever. Have I missed something?

8. Cohzaku

Cohzaku Pen Pal - Newbie

Wanna trade? My BIOS works perfectly, but I'm still not getting touch! Haha

Mine is also a clean install.

Which Windows 7 drivers did you download?

EDIT TO UPDATE 2015.11.07:

Turned out it wasn't my drivers, but the hardware. The seller I bought from in turn had bought a huge variety of t901s from someone who told them the ones in good condition were dual-digitizer, and the really bad ones were active.

Turned out it was the reverse. I tried using it for a while, but it didn't fit my needs at all, so returned that one, and now I'm waiting on the next one. Ironic, considering this was a necessary order for school, and by the time I'm getting what I actually want, it'll practically be finals.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  9. Vlad1214

Vlad1214 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi ahmm I guess Im going to blow the dust in this old thread .. :D
    hope anyone help me witht his .. I was trying to find info about fujitsu t 900 and 901 sRGB gammut .. but failed .. its seems that its nowhere..
    does anybody tried to run some tests or know something about it? ...
    thanks .

10. Mak

Mak Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, everyone! Time to upgrade my T901 setup and I have one question:

Has anyone tried to connect Ultra Wide (21:9 with res 3440x1440) or 4K monitors (3840x2160, 4096x2160) ?

According to specs maximum resolution of external monitor via DisplayPort on Port Replicator is up to 2560 x 1600.
    Source: https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/publications/public/ds-lifebook-t901.pdf

According to those specs max RAM is 8Gb. Though 16Gb works just fine in my system. Possibly same story with the max resolution.