*Official* Fujitsu T901 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by benjim, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Where have you read bad reviews of the T901? Other than price, I've never read bad reviews for Fujitsu T901 or T730. I think they have the highest reputation in the 'class' they compete in (which is not many machines to be sure)
    If your just looking for the "safest bet" T902, T901, T730 would be the choice from reviews and general consensus on these forums.

2. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone been able to create a bootable recovery disc using the "My Recovery" tool that comes on a factory imaged T901?

I followed the instructions that came with the notebook, titled, "Saving and Recovering Your Factory System Images", and it says that you should be able to create a bootable disc.

However, the recovery discs that it created are not bootable, and appear as if they are to be used with the hard-drive based recovery program (which if the hard drive ever failed, would be useless).

3. filmsquad

filmsquad Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought a second hand t901 off eBay. No nvidia card but I'm just using it for one note and movies so I should be fine, OK purchase?
    Oh yeah 4 gigs of ram so I think it should suffice for my uses.please chime in
    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Depending on the price you paid. It seems like a bit overkill for just onenote and movies... 4 gigs is fine for that stuff. It's cheap to upgrade ram though, so if you ever find it lagging in certain scenarios adding ram may help. For your uses though, I would think a smaller, lighter, more ergonomic device (like the surface pro or other slate) would have been a better fit, as the bulk of the T901 is the tradeoff for the large screen and powerful innards. Still, so long as the seller kept it in good shape, that machine has a great reputation around here, and I'm sure it will do those things well.

5. filmsquad

Stoneseeker I paid 420 refurbed with extra battery. As far as size goes I wanted a 13 for notes I tried the 10-12.5 range on screensize and I wasn't feeling it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

6. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a great price !

7. filmsquad

Alright, the t901 is in I'm excited. But the system did not come with a os installed. With that being said I just want to get validation on this, I'll be loading win7 64bit, then the Fujitsu drivers. Would I be able to do an install from A USB drive since I don't have an optical drive? Or USB DVD drive?

life is life

8. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure you should be able to boot with a USB hard drive to install Windows 7, just enable the appropriate options in the BIOS first and use the appropriate Microsoft tools to prepare a Windows 7 bootable installer USB disk.

9. filmsquad

Thanks for the reply, I did a USB thumb drive install. I'm just surprised about the fan noise is it this loud all the time?

life is life

10. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

If you put in an SSD it isn't supposed to be that loud. If you have a defective fan or not enough thermal paste it would be loud though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.