*Official* Fujitsu T901 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by benjim, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

64 bit 1 GB DDR3 cripples the NVS 4200.

If it was 128 bit DDR3 then the NVS 4200 would be faster than the HD 4000 for sure.

But the NVS 4200 uses cheap 64 bit DDR3.

I'm using this site as a reference.

NVS 4200m NVIDIA NVS 4200M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

HD 4000 Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

iGPUs can greatly be affected by the type of RAM used in the system so if you are using 1333 MHz RAM instead of 1600 MHz RAM with your Core i7 , the iGPU will be slower than it should be.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. cnahm

cnahm Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't get SP1 to install in the windows updates. Super frustrating. After doing a ton of digging around the web, it seems that a non-updated driver can be the issue. Now, I get the feeling if that's the case it's probably the driver update which hung up the computer installing windows when I first got it (which I finally skipped installing at the advice of Fujitsu tech support) . I'd have to keep rebooting from restore. Not the way to kick off owning a machine like this. Now, the SP1 (which I assume is quite important for windows) update won't run. Anyone else with this issue?

3. nema.arpit

nema.arpit Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same issue in my T730. Most probably, a missing intel update is the culprit.(see here :You do not have the option of downloading Windows 7 SP1 when you use Windows Update to check for updates)
    What you can do is install a third party driver manager software to find the possible driver updates available, then download them manually and install (because it is highly probable that you will need to buy a subscription for the driver software to automatically install all the missing drivers).
    After the intel drivers are done you should be able to install sp1

4. cnahm

cnahm Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info... I will give this a try and report back.

Edit-
    No luck following the steps. I'm at a loss. I guess I'll get on the phone with Fujitsu to try and resolve the issue.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. tw14

tw14 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I've decided on the t901. Will mainly be used for taking notes/homework for my math and chemistry courses.

Anyway, how much are used and/or refurbished ones going for?

I'm sort of in a hurry to get one but not enough of a hurry to shell out >$1000 for year old technology.

6. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A quick check on eBay's completed listings shows that it's pretty easy to get T901s for well under $1,000...

...if you don't mind not having the NVIDIA GPU or possibly not even having finger touch support (Wacom digitizer only), both of which are big reasons to get the T901 over its predecessors in the first place.

T901s that have both tend to sell for $1,100-1,250, unfortunately for our wallets.

7. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

The T901 was the best tablet PC I've used so far (mine was defective though , noisy fan).

The lenovo ThinkPad X230t has newer technology but IS NOT better.

You can buy a brand new T901 for $1249 from newegg.com if you really want a new one.

8. gluhoded

gluhoded Pen Pal - Newbie

On their official store at ebay they're currently sold for 650-850$ (although sometimes they spike to 1500$ when it's an i7 + SSD + extra battery etc.)

got mine yesterday after a couple of weeks when i lost auctions with the same bid.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. MartyAmber

MartyAmber Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these Fujitsu laptops (or other)...now about the pen/multitouch (T901 model; and others too), i've read and reread a review where supposedly it is not multitouch and that it "Only works with pen (T901)"-Amazon. But here i read it's multitouch. There is so much contradiction (good/bad reviews), that i wonder whether i will ever be at peace in making a purchase. Any suggestions most appreciated. This will be my first laptop! Sooner the better.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  10. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

There is a version that has only an active digitizer (pen) for screen input. There is another version that has both active digitizer and multitouch. Depending on your needs just choose the appropriate model. With the release of Windows 8 imminent I would suggest both multitouch and active digitizer.

Also, the T902 has been released, which is the current year's model. I'm not sure about your budget or if you want the newest tech. But Newegg currently has the T902 for sale at 1699 (vs. Fujitsu store which it is 2099).